585,973 active members*
4,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc spindle drive trouble

Spindle drive gives alarm 2 going from 2000 to 3000 rpm and dosn't sound right , sounds lower in pitch when running. Drive is A06b-6044-H007 and motor is A06b-1003-B100. Doesn't blow any fuses. From search this is feedback related alarm. Need help diagnosing pulse coder or PCB.
    Update now alarming at lower rpm.
    Thanks Drew

Pictures of drive and motor in this post
    http://cnczone.com/forums/showpost.p...62&postcount=1
    If I had something important to say it would be here.

Dear Drew
    Alarm 2 that means speed is deviated from command value !
    please check following point
    1- firstly be sure that you dont have any mechanical over load on spindle in any how from no load or full load , with tools or without tools
    2- it happen same in M03 and M04 ? same rated RPM ?
    3- mostly it comes from transistor module , check it for loose connection and bad working , you can test it easy one by one
    4-check all fuse F5-F6-FA-FB mostly for good connection and loose connection it always happen when drive going so dirty , as i can see your drve need full cleaning and re check for all connection
    5- finally teh speed feed back signal from motor cable and connection must be check

follow up and let me know
    regards
    F.Sharifi

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Spindle drive gives alarm 2 going from 2000 to 3000 rpm and dosn't sound right , sounds lower in pitch when running. Drive is A06b-6044-H007 and motor is A06b-1003-B100. Doesn't blow any fuses. From search this is feedback related alarm. Need help diagnosing pulse coder or PCB.
    Update now alarming at lower rpm.
    Thanks Drew

Pictures of drive and motor in this post
    http://cnczone.com/forums/showpost.p...62&postcount=1
    never mind that..

heres what you do..

first you said you have a scope.. you need to measure PA to 0 volts and Pb.. while running the spindle at like 100 rpms..

the wave form will be a sine wave it should be .6 volts peak to peak for both pa pb.. if its not you need to adjust the sensor in the spindle motor to 6 thousands and recheck.. also check the square waveform on ch 7 and 8 i believe (you might wanna call fanuc on that one) it should be 50% duty for both channels

If that sensor has scratches on it it will need to be replaced.. if you do any adjustment to the sensor also make sure you check the run out of the rotor with a mic..

if that all looks good you need to check the transistors inside the spindle amp.. the way you do that is by first labeling all the wire locations THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT..

check for any shorts or inconsistencies between the transistors (the large black ones)..

Quote Originally Posted by fanucman View Post
    never mind that..

heres what you do..

first you said you have a scope.. you need to measure PA to 0 volts and Pb.. while running the spindle at like 100 rpms..

the wave form will be a sine wave it should be .6 volts peak to peak for both pa pb.. if its not you need to adjust the sensor in the spindle motor to 6 thousands and recheck.. also check the square waveform on ch 7 and 8 i believe (you might wanna call fanuc on that one) it should be 50% duty for both channels

If that sensor has scratches on it it will need to be replaced.. if you do any adjustment to the sensor also make sure you check the run out of the rotor with a mic..
    Ok I know it has been a while but I just did this and I got 0.5v peak2peak waves had 90 deg shift didn't see another wave form coming out of plug

if that all looks good you need to check the transistors inside the spindle amp.. the way you do that is by first labeling all the wire locations THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT..

check for any shorts or inconsistencies between the transistors (the large black ones)..
    Of the big black ones their is TM1-4 SM1-3 and DM1. Do all of these need to be checked or just some?

Thanks Drew
    If I had something important to say it would be here.

Gentlemen,

I have a problem with the same servo amplifier but in my case I have LEDs 1+4 lit.
    It is a Bridgeport BPC 320H with a FANUC 6M control on it.
    I have reinitialised the CN and reinstalled all the parameters and timers and counters etc. Now I can zero all the axes as well as the APC and ATC but I only can't rotate the spindle. I need to know if this is a simple fault that can be fixed on site or if I need to send it to a professional electronician.