585,970 active members*
4,369 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry bp vmc 760/22 tool change problem

My vmc 760/22 with a dx32 control has been running great until one of my guys e stopped the machine during a tool change. Now, no matter what I do, I get a message that the tools need to be reloaded.

In addition, when I try to do a tool change, immediately after the z axis jogs up it moves down very fast and gives me an error: "following error limit exceeded" I also get this error if I do a quill up.

I have tried about everything I can think of to solve this problem.

the machine homes and jogs. the carousel for the tool holder homes fine.

Please help.

anybody out there that can help

Typically, I post on this site and get some great feedback. Haven't got any responses to this post. My machine is down and I don't know where to turn for support. If anyone can help or if you can give me the name of someone who works on these machines, it would be a life saver.

tim

Probably no reply because no one knows what to tell you. A following error means that it cannot keep up with the command of where the control expects the Z axis to be.
    You could turn the feedrate override ON and lower the rapid rate to see what is going on. When moving slower see where it faults. Possible that the BMDCPRMS.sys file is corrupted. The Z axis rapid is slower than the X and Y.
    The motors and drives are Siemens AC type so there are no brushes. The Z also has a brake built in and a special encoder.
    Start there.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

GREAT FEEDBACK

I slowed the z axis down and it worked fine (albeit really sloooow). Turned the rapid back up and it still works. Thanks so much for your response.