Register for free
Login

Fadal Memory Error

Hi!,
    We have a machine FADAL 906-1 4020HT
    Serial 941164, suddenly appears in the screen the following alarm
    UNRECOVERABLE MEMORY ERROR AT 0128
    USE THE NE CMD TO CLEAR MEMORY
    When I reset the alarm, some lines or blocks from the NC program are deleted
    Could you help me , please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FADAL1.jpg  

memory

go to option 7 diagnostics then #3 controler,y,then space bar down to pg2 hit #5 zero memory then y,y, and then power down.restart go to setp enter parameters from the inside of the monitor door,reset backlash,and command SETTO to reset atc#1.all programs+offests ect. are going to be gone but with the error you have they cannot be saved.

I get this quite often on my 95. it sucks
    heres what I do. I reset it like you and reload the program. I thin check all my offsets both fixture and tools. The z on some tools usually get put to "zero" which is safe BTW, I have never seen one put a bad number in, just always zero.
    I been dealing with this for 4 years now.
    it usually happens only when I power up before I hit the "CS" ie cold start.
    if it happens more than once a week I do a zero memory.

Just by chance and I know this is a ong shot, but can you do a g02 x y and z move and make it work? like helical threading?
    I am thinking "UNRECOVERABLE MEMORY ERROR" has something to do with the software that is in the machine and linked to my issue with doing anything helical. if not ignore my comments about the helical work. if so please let me know as I think now I can get this problem fixed with some information from you.

Thanks
    Delw

Antonio--
    You have a corrupted menory. You need to do the complete ZERO MEMORY procedure. If it happens again you must likely have a bad board.

Neal

Procedure

Thanks!, Do you have the procedure to load and unload programs, parameters, etc.?

manuals

you should go to fadal.com or fadalcnc.com and download the manuals all the procedures for zero memory and progams are in there the parameters+blacklash will need to be typed in from the copy on the inside of the door of the monitor.i do not think you will be able to send the programs out through the rs232 port but you can try most times the control is locked up or not working correctly and will not communtcate to the pc.the programs are most likely unrecoverable.

By any chance are any of you guys running software version SYS C103.10 ?

We just got in one of the last 3016's sitting on our dealer's floor and it came in with this software installed. It's junk. I copied a program in the machine memory and it screwed up 3 of my programs. It copied entire sections of code and overwrote other sections. Tools called twice, some tools completely missing, ... it's just a mess.

The last machine I bought had the same trouble (same software version) and it also frequently had the dreaded "UNRECOVERABLE MEMORY ERROR".

Just thought I would mention it here. If you do have this software version, I would call your dealer.

EDIT: A quick way to find your version number is to type MU at the Command Prompt and hit backspace.

You need to update to at least sys 103.5. this is the last for the 1400-5 CPU.

Neal

cpu

that version is junk but you can get the latest one 103.16 from the factory as a free update i think,call them and tell them you are having issues and you want an update.

Version Sys 103.5 is NOT junk. It is the last version that will fit on the 1400-5 style of CPU. The SYS 103.16 is the version for the new multi-function CPU that replaces some of the existing boards and is installed in slot #8 instead of the traditional slot #5.

Neal