586,013 active members*
3,801 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6T control questions

Hello there, I have a few questions about a Fanuc 6T control box. First a few notes:

1. I am very, very new to G/M coding, and am being charged by my company to figure out this machine because our last operator left.
    2. The machine is a Shigiya GN-40.100 Grinding machine using a Fanuc 6T control box.

My first, most basic questions is: in the EDIT mode in the PROGRAM screen I cannot remove, modify or enter any new lines of code. The binder I have mentions a memory protection, but neither the main box not side panel have any such labeling. So if there is something I'm missing please clue me in.

Secondly, I know there are standard M/G codes, but this control box uses something different from M20-M28 and my book has no indication as to those commands.

Those are the two questions off the top of my head, as I deal with the machine more I may post more.

Also, if there is a sticky with all this information that I missed, please guide me there (I am on my phone doing this, so my viewing scape is limited).

Thanks in advance,
    AGSteve

First, what software version? e.g. M51 v13.
    The control should have a key switch labelled PROGRAM PROTECT. It should be in the OFF position for editing.
    As to the M20-28, they depend on the software (maybe written for the MTB)
    Bill

Thanks for the reply, as for the software version I've got a startup screen that says: system 6T; series M52; version 09.

Secondly I found the memory protect button (no switch) but it seems to be permanently depressed. The control box is pretty gunked up and not in the best shape so I'll work with that, but as for now I don't see any ability to edit until I get that fixed unless there is another solution.

Hi im mr capili and i have a 'shigiya GN-40 grinder machine' I was just wondering if You can hel me find or get a manual to this machine. Thank you mr capili,

there are several standard M-codes, but almost all machines have some machine-specific M-codes. The only way to know them is to get a manual for that machine or use MDI and type each M-code and run it and see what happens. If you get an illegal M-code alarm then that M-code is not used. Keep trying each M-code in MDI until you find the M-codes you need to make specific parts on your machine work.

Be careful with that.
    If you look at diagnostic 41 bit 7 : "1" to protect.
    Also, param 317 bit 7 is to protect 9xxx programs from being edited.