585,727 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > SV003 V abnormal current in servo

Angry SV003 V abnormal current in servo

We have Drake double axis grinder. Axis V and Y are on the same servo amp
    A06B-6059-H223. Machine has been down for over a week. Lost all parameters. Finally uploaded all parameters and recieved a SV003 V abnormal current in servo alarm.
    Though it was the motor but I changed (swapped) V and Y motors in the field and still recieved same alarm. Changed feedback cables V and Y still same alarm. Removed motors to remove any load. Y motor shaft is locked but as soon as you move the V motor shaft SV003 V abnormal current alarms.
    Changed out the A06B-6059-H223 with a known working unit. Still recieve same alarm. I have also swapped motor leads at the servo but still only recieve SV003 V abnormal current alarm.
    I need help!!! Is there other suggested testing I can perform????

what control? swap the command and feedback cables see if problem goes to other axis

Are the 2 axis a parallel axis? Meaning do they travel together, to keep a column square? If so it could be the actual axis is not aligned up so it would need to be re-reference and zeroed. My first instinct though after loosing parameters is you missed something. unlikely you would have a hardware fault right after a parameter loss.

Angry

the control is a gE fanuc 15ma.
    I believe the two axis need to work in parallel but I understand where you are going with this. I will ask the operator if they operate independantly.
    I have swapped the feedback cables but the alarm stays SV003 V abnormal current in the servo. Swapped the motor leads to servo and still same alarm.
    Today, maint. installed another known good servo amp and recieved same alarm message.
    When he re-installed the known good spare back in a similar machine he mis-wired the motor phase leads at the servo amp and recieved SV003 X abnormal current in servo alarm. He swapped motor leads and was able to clear the alarm.
    Having seen this he then swapped motor leads at the servo in problem machine but still recieved the SV003 alarm????
    I will now try to ring out feed back cable to axis control card of servo. Seems like a reach after swapping these cables and alarm remaind in 1 axis.

Any other idea's???

ok do this.

to eliminate the motor you need to swap motor power cables with another drive and feedback AT THE SAME TIME

to eliminate the drive you need to swap command at the drive and motor power AT THE SAME TIME

to eliminate the axis board you need command and feedback swapped between the axis..

just do what i told you and it will tell you whats wrong..

now the problem can be like the guys said above if its a dual ball screw you are going to need to realign the axis.. meaning that you need to call the machine tool builder..

Talking SV003 V abnormal current in servo

Fanucman,
    I performed 2 of your 4 tests and had to pass it off to next shift crew to follow up.
    They did not perform the final 2 tests but decided to re-check hand entered parameters. They came across 1853 which was inserted as a + and should have been a -. Same situation for parameter 1879.
    Someone had changed these and we had the outdated parameter list.
    Thanks for you help. the troubleshooting I will keep for the future.

I can say I learned a little on this one!!!!

Re: SV003 V abnormal current in servo

Our old monforts also giving "ABNORMAL CURRENT IN SERVO" for both X and Z axes .(Fanuc 15T control)
    On both drives the HC light is on .
    Please someone help me with this problem.
    Regards