585,987 active members*
4,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Editing a two sides of a rectangle
    greenene Guest

Editing a two sides of a rectangle

I am pocketing 6 identical rectangles in wood. I need to increase the height of these rectangles without having to create new tool paths from scratch.

Normally, when I edit the geometry of a piece, the program automatically updates the toolpaths for that particular geometry( The tool paths get the red crosses next to them)

I am using the xform scale and y axis field to edit the rectangle. When I change the percentage that I've calculated for the new height dimensions, I get the new rectangle width.

However, the toolpaths remain unchanged.

I expect Mastercam to display the red x for the tool path, but nothing happens.

I don't want to delete all the toolpaths just to make this one change.

What I am doing wrong?

tc

I have never known mastercam to automatically select altered geometery. Are you using HSM toolpaths or manual?

I usually just use Xform and stretch and then Regen.. now you can go to your operation and pick the Geometry and then right click you chain and say re-chain and pick the adjusted geo and then regen and be on your way.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Have you used the "Tranform toolpath" function ?

you create 1 or more operations and then define where this pattern is to be done
    ----modify the original operation ( geom, depths, offsets, blah-blah) and anything that uses that operation also goes "dirty" ( big red X ) , regen all, then post---- to easy

However, the toolpaths remain unchanged.
    I expect Mastercam to display the red x for the tool path, but nothing happens.
    I don't want to delete all the toolpaths just to make this one change.
    It would probably be that the geometry you modified is not involved in the creation of those actual toolpaths