585,883 active members*
4,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas expert, now working with Mazaks

Hi,

I just started a new job working with Mazak mill machines. I have 8 years experience working with Haas machines. I know that these machines are capable of doing the same work, but with different programs. I know what I want to find, but it all seems Greek to me now. Does anyone know of an easy way to translate or learn the programs? I have a person at the new shop that tells me something along the lines of "If you were doing this on a Haas, you would do it this way." However, all of my training is not coming from this person and I could use some advice. Thanks for your time!

Can you be a little more specific? What are you trying to find?
    I may not be up to speed on the newer Mazaks but my M2 and M32 knowledge is rusty but ok. If you use to program using Quick code then you are in for a little learning curve. Mazatrol is quite easy to learn tho.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by tom465 View Post
    Hi,

I just started a new job working with Mazak mill machines. I have 8 years experience working with Haas machines. I know that these machines are capable of doing the same work, but with different programs. I know what I want to find, but it all seems Greek to me now. Does anyone know of an easy way to translate or learn the programs? I have a person at the new shop that tells me something along the lines of "If you were doing this on a Haas, you would do it this way." However, all of my training is not coming from this person and I could use some advice. Thanks for your time!