584,808 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Akira seiki

Akira seiki

Looking to purchase a Akira Seiki SV1700 (66"x33") VMC. I am interested in any feed back from users about this machine or any feed back about Akira Seiki machines. They look to be a very quality machine for the money. Any input would be greatly appprecited.

regards,
    htmtrader

akira seiki

I've got two customers that are quite pleased with their machines.nice and rigid .

Akira Seiki

My company has bought four in the last year and a half or so. The last two at about seven months and two months. Three of them have already blown spindles each after around six months of use! The most recent has needed the spindle re-removed twice to get it fixed. It was just re-installed the other day, I don't have much faith it will last. On this, instead of replacing with a new spindle, they gave us a (badly) rebuilt one. Sorry, but these things are JUNK. Beside the spindle problems, there have been other issues. It would take me all night to describe, but if you want to hear it, let me know.

AKIRA-SEIKI

I HAVE 8 AKIRA-SEIKI'S ALL MY OLD ONES WORK GREAT BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE NEW ONE'S I HAVE PURCHASED 3 IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS 2 HAVE HAD NEW SPINDALS ONE TWICE BEFORE IT WORKED ALSO MY NEW PERFORMA V5 XP CUTS LIKE A PIECE OF JUNK. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD CUT AS GOOD AS MY SV 1300 THAT IS 11 YEARS OLD WELL NOT EVEN CLOSE IT SHAKES RATTLES AND ROLLS WHEN YOU TRY TO CUT STEEL HARD AND USES 5 TIMES AS MANY INSERTS AS THE SV 1300.
    ITS ALSO HAD TONS OF OTHER PROBLEMS IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS THINKING ABOUT AN AKIRA YOU MIGHT THINK TWICE.IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD PROBLEMS PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]
    THE COMPANY(AKIRA-SEIKI) WONT EVEN CALL ME TO TRY TO WORK THIS OUT ONLY THE SALES REP WHO TRYING TO HELP ME BUT AKIRA WONT STEP UP AND DO ANYTHING.

I have been a friends to the person who wrote this message and most likely the person who sold the machines he is speaking of. The SV1300 B is the model that was quoted to this customer. I sure for reason only this customer knows decided not to purchase this machine instead he purchased V5AXP. The price difference between these machines is about $33K. This customer proposed to upgrade to the 1300B. I am currently working hard to satisfy this demand.

Quote Originally Posted by braybo View Post
    I HAVE 8 AKIRA-SEIKI'S ALL MY OLD ONES WORK GREAT BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE NEW ONE'S I HAVE PURCHASED 3 IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS 2 HAVE HAD NEW SPINDALS ONE TWICE BEFORE IT WORKED ALSO MY NEW PERFORMA V5 XP CUTS LIKE A PIECE OF JUNK. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD CUT AS GOOD AS MY SV 1300 THAT IS 11 YEARS OLD WELL NOT EVEN CLOSE IT SHAKES RATTLES AND ROLLS WHEN YOU TRY TO CUT STEEL HARD AND USES 5 TIMES AS MANY INSERTS AS THE SV 1300.
    ITS ALSO HAD TONS OF OTHER PROBLEMS IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS THINKING ABOUT AN AKIRA YOU MIGHT THINK TWICE.IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD PROBLEMS PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]
    THE COMPANY(AKIRA-SEIKI) WONT EVEN CALL ME TO TRY TO WORK THIS OUT ONLY THE SALES REP WHO TRYING TO HELP ME BUT AKIRA WONT STEP UP AND DO ANYTHING.

I am going to purchase a V4XP. But after reading all this I am quite worried about it's performance. They offer me $51K. Anyone would like to share more experience about AKIRA SEIKI's VMC?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybank View Post
    I am going to purchase a V4XP. But after reading all this I am quite worried about it's performance. They offer me $51K. Anyone would like to share more experience about AKIRA SEIKI's VMC?
    I recommend the Akira seiki machines. I have purchased three over the last few years and they have performed exceptionally well with no problems.
    My friend has five in his shop and because they performed so well I purchased new ones for myself.
    I get the same quality of work out of my V4XP machines that I get from my Japan machines.