584,862 active members*
5,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Mitsubishi MR-C40A-UE servo amp

Mitsubishi MR-C40A-UE servo amp

Hi, i have just purchased a set of Mitsubishi servos on ebay and have been searching for any info on connecting up the MR-C40A servo amp with step and direction signals from mach 3 and i came across a thread from 2008. Has anybody successfully got the servos running with a step and direction input from Mach ?. If so can you please tell me how to do it as my electronics knowledge is very limited and i fear i could have wasted a lot of money if there is no solution to the forward /reverse problem.

Many thanks

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by aspley View Post
    Hi, i have just purchased a set of Mitsubishi servos on ebay and have been searching for any info on connecting up the MR-C40A servo amp with step and direction signals from mach 3 and i came across a thread from 2008. Has anybody successfully got the servos running with a step and direction input from Mach ?. If so can you please tell me how to do it as my electronics knowledge is very limited and i fear i could have wasted a lot of money if there is no solution to the forward /reverse problem.

Many thanks

Charlie
    Hi Charlie,
    Were they the HC-PQ43-UE 400W servo motors?

ATB
    Derek

Hi Derek, yes they were so should be fully compatible with the drives.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by aspley View Post
    Hi Derek, yes they were so should be fully compatible with the drives.

Charlie
    Hi,
    I got 3 of the motors - no drives :-(
    The encoder is a serial link to the drive so i'll have to see if i can intercept the quadrature before it gets serialised or if that does not work, fit new encoders to the motor.

I intend to use drives from Granite to complete the package.

you might need some programming software from the (Mitsubushi) supplier to configure the drive ????

ATB
    Derek

Hi Derek, looking at the manual for the drives it does state that the drives will accept a pulse and direction signal amongst other things so i should theoretically be able to connect direct from the smoothstepper step and direction output using mach3 once i have worked out the right connections. As far as setting them up goes i believe that if you are using the motor that the drive was designed for it will automatically set the important parameters for you. There is software available so you can customise the settings and see what's going on on your pc but having had a quick look there is currently nothing for sale for my drives and i can't afford silly mitsubishi prices so i'll just fire them up and hope the auto set up function is as good as its word. As i am going to use them in a much simplified set up compared to many i may be ok. Have to find some encoder cables first as the connectors on the drives are now obsolete. Will let you know how i get on.

Charlie

Hey there
    I've also bought few Mitsubishi Servomotors from eBay while ago,then I purchased dedicated servo drives for these motors. Mine are 200W ones(HC-PQ23-UE) and drives MR-C20A-UE.
    I am struggling with connecting the drives with breakout board thats has 5 outputs (GND, ENA, DIR, CLK, +5V) for each axis.I have all the connectors that are needed, but don't know which pins(SON,LSP,LSN,PP,PG,NP,NG,V5,SG,SD etc.) I should connect with breakout board. I made the encoder cables by myself instead of buying them from Mitsubishi for silly price and they work fine, no errors.

So guys, if you find solution to this problem, please let me know.

Thank you
    Mateusz

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...ghlight=biesse

i explained virtually full setup of mitsubishis in this post. took me ages to work them out but they are superb servos. read through it all, you should find the info you need.
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.

by the way. you wont need a smoothstepper with these! they will run as fast and accurate as you want!
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by derekBPcnc View Post
    Hi,
    I got 3 of the motors - no drives :-(
    The encoder is a serial link to the drive so i'll have to see if i can intercept the quadrature before it gets serialised or if that does not work, fit new encoders to the motor.

I intend to use drives from Granite to complete the package.

you might need some programming software from the (Mitsubushi) supplier to configure the drive ????

ATB
    Derek
    Hi, I don't suppose you managed to figure out the protocol and pinout of those servo motors?