5,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak VQC 20/40B cooling (Mazatrol M2)

On the Mazak VQC 20/40B i have a cooling problem,
    in the back off machine is a cooler with a potensiometer or if prefere
    i belive its possible to say a regulated resistor you know something like
    a sound level knob on an amp.
    It also have 3 lamps,one orange,one green and one red.I am sure these colors
    are to say something about diffrent status off cooling then they light.
    The sad thing is I dont find info about it in the manual.Can any clever person
    tell me meaning off the red and gren light.
    Sven.

Diakin Cooler

Look up your model number and maybe you can find a operating manual at Diakin. Yellow-(original is white)= Power On; Green= Cooling: Red= Alarm. The green means the cooling compressor is running. Red can be the high pressure switch has tripped, or a thermal relay for the condenser fan motor or the themal relay for the compressor motor has tripped. HTH.

Thank you for answer.And yes I have the manual but as I was say they didnt tell about the lamps or maybee I did not read right place.You wrote the green lamp shows compressor is running,and it do,so far thats good,however how to prove it to as to say the bitter end.I mean is it possible to hear it,or if not becouse a lot off other noice,can i pot the hand in back off cooler there coolers radiator is to feel the heat it transport away.or do you have an other idea.2 things more,fan is running and red lamp is not lightening.
    best regards from Sven.

There should be an input(tank) hose and a supply(pressure) hose coming and going to the chiller unit. The pressure line should be noticeably cooler than the return line if the compressor is cooling properly. Also the oil in the tank should be cool to the touch. If the compressor gas is low or leaked out it could operate normally without cooling properly. In that case it should be checked for leaks and the gas(freon) recharged by an Air Conditioning Technician or such. HTH Lee

Fan running and no red light is good.

Hello again.In thanks for last time.
    First then i still remembering in back off machine under magazin is the bigest and most
    powerfool tank and pump.For whot is that pump?And after that back to main tema,the
    cooler,i can not feel any diffrence at all of ingoing oil or outgoing oil.That make me think off an manual regulated valve sitting down on back on hoos to the cooler.Its the one pumping oil to spindle and i belive it also conected with inlet hoos.The other is sitting
    on spindel left side togever with a little pump,then you by your self standing in front off machine you will see it.I know the little pump is for pumping back oil to tank down and that way making balance then the valves are in correct positions.But do the cooler realy
    pump oil up to spindle?I know then i open the down valve more or even to full,nothing
    is happen,but by closing it about 90 to 95% the cooler start to give typical oil pump sound.That way i belive i have a healfy pump,but i still do not know for soure if the oil is coming upp to spindle.And i dont know the metod to set these 2 valves so they will bee in correct positions.Its a lot off questions and Im sorry for bad english,please help and thankyou
    in advance
    Sven.

1. Large tank and pump are for hydraulics used on your machine.
    2.Yes, if the regulator valve is in line with the cooler pump then it does pump out to the spindle. If it does NOT pump out to the spindle then there would be three pumps and the regulator valve would be in line with the third pump and divert to the tank. I have seen it both ways on Mazaks.
    3. You are correct, the regulator valve is used to balance the flow out to the head. Balance it by watching the tank level. If the tank is becoming empty and spindle head is over flowing, you want to divert more oil to the tank and less out to the head, and vice versa.
    (I suppose the proper way is to insert a flow meter in line and make in/out the same.)
    4. If no difference in TEMPERATURE between in and out and it is not cool to the touch, then have Air Conditioning Tech test for gas and leaks. Example is a water cooler, they work the same.
    5. If there are oil FLOW problems then first I would clean tank strainer (filter) and rebalance flow regulation.
    6. My experience with regulator circuit is when you maximize pressure out by shutting bypass you will hear the pump labor more. (work harder.) Noise is probably normal.