586,024 active members*
4,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Illegal Axis Data (SV0478) and Dual Check Safety???

Illegal Axis Data (SV0478) and Dual Check Safety???

Hello all!

I've got a machine that has four separate stations in it, and is run by a 30i controller.

I've had problems with one of ther servo axes, run by an A06B-6127-H105. It was giving me an OH (overheat) alarm. This would come up intermittently, so we decided to swap with another amp of the exact same kind to see if the error followed.

We were getting an "8." on the amplifier itself, which is an overheat, and this matchd what the 30i was saying.

When we did the swap, we got alarm SV1068 on all four stations. This is the "Dual Check Safety" alarm. We also got the "SV0478 Illegal Axis Data (SV)" and "SV0496 Illegal Axis Data (CNC)" when we swapped cards.

What??

We have always swapped amplifiers in the past on other machines to see if we can make the problem follow, but usually it is a simple case of just switching the amps and away we go.

We also got a new amp in, and upon installing it in the defective card's slot, we get the same errors.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this??

Also, can you point me to where I can find a pdf manual for this amplifier?

With Dual Check Safety, the CNC CPU and Servo CPU are monitoring the identification data of all the servo amplifiers. If you move an amplifier around, you'll need to reset the configuration by the following:

"When an alarm is generated after the configuration of servo
    amplifiers is changed, it is necessary to carry out the operation to
    send the CNC axis numbers to servo amplifiers. Set the
    parameter No.2212#4 to “1” then return to “0”. Then turned off
    the power of all CNC system (amplifiers are included.)"

As for the OH alarm you reported, the 8. is actually an IPM overcurrent (that is detected by overheat detection within the IPM module). I would troubleshoot this like any amplifier output section overcurrent. First disconnect the motor power leads (and disable the brake release circuit, if it has one) and confirm if the 8. overcurrent remains. If so, the amp is bad. Whether it produces the alarm or not, the motor power lead or motor stator may have a short that caused the amp to fail.

Another general pointer when working with the alpha-i amplifiers is to power down the machine and reseat the front panel faceplate (that is attached to the Control Board) of all the PSM, SPM and SVM modules. There are many faults where FANUC publishes this as a troubleshooting measure for a variety of amplifier detected faults.

You can order the B-64004EN, 30i Dual Check Safety Operators Manual from FANUC. It helps a lot when working Dual Check Safety issues.