585,949 active members*
3,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hypertherm 1650 fired

Good morning, sorry for my bad English online translator.

This morning I went to work with my Hypertherm Plasma 1650 and had three minutes when cutting stopped working normally. Restart the court and began to smoke so black immediately cut the electricity. The damage was, as you can see in the pictures. It is very difficult to know through some pictures which may be due but wondered if anyone has seen anything like it. Technicians from here say they have not seen anything like that.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Thank you very much in advance

As with all high powered electrical equipment...there can be a variety of issues that can cause a failure that looks similar to the one in your posted picture. I suggest you get in touch with your supplier to determine the bestmethod for getting the unit repaired quickly and efficiently. If you are not sure of the best method for this, follow the attached link which will take you to the Hypertherm website, and will help you with Hypertherm contacts in Spain. These contacts are for sales representatives, and they should be able to direct you for the best service.

http://www.hypertherm.com/en/Company...s/emeaMaps.jsp

Best regards, and good luck, Jim Colt Hypertherm

I have already repaired the equipment and the technician does not know the cause of the burn. He suspects that may be because of water splashing table torch and short-circuit. He has worked several months with water attached to the bottom of the cut material can be the problem?. I've seen videos cutting torch completely submerged in water and gives no problems am I doing something wrong?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_Frr1tVGA"]YouTube- dynatorch staniless steel[/nomedia]

Cutting in water will not affect components in the power supply with a Hypertherm Powermax air plasma system, however the Powermax torches are blowback start torches and have moving parts inside the torch body, which over time may be damaged by water. Hypertherm does not recomend any of our Powermax torches for use in underwater cutting applications.

In regards to the obvious problem with the power supply....without further information it would be difficult to determine the root cause of the failure.

Jim Colt Hypertherm