585,660 active members*
3,401 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > HL-2 Alarm 134 "Low Hydraulic Pressure"

HL-2 Alarm 134 "Low Hydraulic Pressure"

So I just bought this machine and I was aware of this issue. But, at the previous shop the alarm would clear it self after a couple of resets. Anyway I need to fix it for real. So I pulled the motor out today and had it tested, and it check out to be good.

So I am guessing it is either an issue with the pressure sensor or the pump. I really don’t want to pull the pump out again of I don’t have to so I am checking here for suggestions or a way to test the sensors.

Thanks in Adavance

Just to check, have you checked that the machine is phased correctly?
    If not then the pump could be running backwards and you would not get pressure.

I double and triple checked and it is phased correctly, I think I am going to have to pull the pump out and have it gone through. Any other ideas or knowledge about Parker pumps would be helpful.

For diagnostic purposes you could increase parameter 222 'low hydralic pressure ignore time'
    Its probably set at 50
    Increase it to 99999
    This will allow the pump to run even though there is low pressure.
    If you don't get pressure straight away you should press E Stop - or you will risk buurning out the pump.
    If you get good pressure then it could just be the pressure switch that is faulty.
    I would also check inside the pressure switch plug/socket to see if there is a bad connection.
    Hope this helps

Very cool, I will try that when I get it back together. I took the pump back out and I am going to get it bench tested Monday. The last time I was working with it I did notice that the pressure gauges down by the pump were not even moving. So I am guessing that either I have something plugged or the pump needs rebuilt.