585,575 active members*
3,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Biggest chuck in pc turn 120

What is the biggest chuck you have an EMCO PC Turn 120.
    Original is the only 80mm but in my machine, it was a 100mm.
    I have now bought a 125mm chuck with 30mm internal diameter, but it weighs
    4-5kg. Someone who knows what they dare to have. My new chuck is made of steel so the speed is no problem. 5500v (/ min

Perhaps no people have experimented, but I have done the following test.
    125mm steel chuck is probably the largest you should install if you dare take the risk.
    Instead of 4000 V / m is now up to 3000. If I run faster and reduce speed or stop by
    aM05 machine stop running and an error message appears on the screen.

But the advantage of this chuck is that the inner hole of the chuck is 30mm, which is quite a bit.
    It can be run with less load on the tool. I do not know if there is an overload or deceleration,
    that is the problem. I let it be gone for a better assessment of someone else here on cnczone.
    Do you have more experience on the impact of electronics on the machine or let use simple instructions

do not be shy, what do you think, the machine will burn? or the Perhaps no people have experimented, but I have done the following test.
    125mm steel chuck is probably the largest you should install if you dare take the risk.
    Instead of 4000 V / m is now up to 3000. If I run faster and reduce speed or stop by

But the advantage of this chuck is that the inner hole of the chuck is 30mm, which is quite a bit.
    It can be run with less load on the tool. I do not know if there is an overload or deceleration,
    that is the problem. I let it be gone for a better assessment of someone else here on cnczone.
    Do you have more experience on the impact of electronics on the machine or let use simple instructions

do not be shy, what do you think, the machine will burn?Perhaps no people have experimented, but I have done the following test.

do not be shy, what do you think, the machine will burn? or the neighborhod may be energized in his apartment ;-)

I can´t find out how I can erase this post

hello,

i dont think that you will burn the main drive. I think the mayor problem is the big possibility of crashing boring tools because of the big diameter. I checked this at my machine (compact 6P similar to 120 p) and when i was planning there was only 8mm space between the boring tool in the next position and the chuck. So at my machine more then a 100 dia chuck and it will come to a crash.

Greetings Rene

yes you are right but if I load the revolver so the longer the tools, at least one number in from or perhaps on the opposite side of revilvern, which decreases the risk more.
    I'm very happy with the results.

Hello,

last week I´ve installed a 100mm 3 jaw chuck from Bison on my compact 6p cnc. I am much happier with the Bison. The 80 mm TOS chuck that i´ve installed 3 months before was not capable enough.

Greetings Rene

cnc_swe

You may have to put a bigger braking resistor to take the extra load when it is slowing down, or if you can find a deceleration parameter & increase the time that will do it as well

If you can't find anything slow the spindle by 1000RPM steps, that may work as well
    Mactec54

That makes sense what you say. The question is just how I find the braking resistor.
    I'll have an entry in each g-code where I straights 1000 turns and waiting a half or second before stopping.
    S1000
    G04 500
    M05

cnc_swe

If you look in the cabinet in the bottom right hand side, down below the spindle drive, you will see a rectangle Gold in color with some fins on it, this may be under a orange perforated grill, this is the braking resistor, Just see if it is over heating,when you are stopping the spindle, if it is not then just do the ramp down in the program, or find the deceleration parameter & give it a longer time
    Mactec54