585,758 active members*
4,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tools Not Saved

I recently purchased a Hurco BMC 4020 with an Ultimax 3 Controller. When I turn the machine on and define tools that are not saved? Is there something I'm missing to save them so the next time I turn the machine on they are there?

Thanks in advance.

are you programming in nc or with the ultimax software? i know when i dont have a program loaded in nc when i shut off the machine, my machine will boot up and default to the conversational programming and my tools are not there. once i load an nc program tho, they return. i am guessing that you are having the same issue.....

Tools Not Saving

Shane123,

Thanks for the info. I haven't noticed it saving any tools. I typically don't use the mill in conversational mode but in Basic NC and BOBCad to create the programs. I modify them in BOBCad, load them into the machine via floppy disk. Last night, I thought to copy the program to the hard disk, then setup all the tools thinking this would help but nothing. There has gotta be a way. It is so painful re-defining the tools each time.

Thanks to anyone who has information about this.

make sure you have a program loaded when you go to the tools section. thats about all i can guess, i have the hurco vmx42 with ultimax, winmax mill version v07.01.11.13 . I have my nc settings on industry standard, not basic. with basic, i was having issues with my post from mastercam x3.

Go to the conversational side of the control, load up all your tools in a program that just has the tool setup in. Save this program under a name like "tools".
    When you go to the NC side, go to the restore functions and "restore tool setup". Find the file called "tools" and load it - Voila! all your tools data is there.
    Cheers!

Tools Not Saved

bloke,

Thanks! I will give that a try!