585,992 active members*
5,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4th Axis disabling (Fanuc 0-M)

Anyone know how to remove the need for the 4th axis to reference before running a program.

I have the ability to turn it off and it then doesn't appear on my axis display, but I still get an "axis not home" error if i try to run a program (I can't reference the axis if it's turned off)

That's weird, mine don't. I have a Mycenter and 2 Tape drills with the 0M-C control and none of them have that problem. I have 2 different 4th axis' that I share between the 3 machines never have to worry about the zeroing.

Are you using the 4NG parameter to run the machine without the 4th axis (parameter 19, bit #1)? When I turn on bit#1 the display doesn't show the A axis readout at all, so no zeroing is possible I would assume - I don't get the alarm you are...

Even the one Tape Drill machine that was 5 axis at one time does this also, just the 5th axis display (B axis) stays on - but it never has needed to be referenced.

Tried altering bit #1 on perameter 19 to no effect, "A" axis remains on the display. If I run a program all I get is "1014 3 axis not home". Have had to disconnect 4th axis due to cable fault so this is getting quite frustrating.

The 1xxx Alarm Messages and 2xxx Operator Messages are posted by the machine tool builder's ladder logic. They are conditional on the state of contacts that are present in the ladder. The builder may have provided a method of disabling an axis homing requirement (perhaps by a D-bit that you can set on the Diagnostics page), but it is entirely up to them. If you have a 0-MC or 0-MD, you can try to display the PMC Ladder by pressing the PARAM/DGNOS key several times. Parameter 60 bit 2 must be 1 to enagle the ladder display.

An experienced guy with ladder background would then search for DISP or DISPB function blocks and try to work backwards to find the logic for posting the desired message. Unfortunately the Series 0 control does not show Symbols or Comments so you can only chase PMC Addresses. It may be best to contact the machine tool builder and ask them if / how to disable the homing requirement.

THat was my thoughts, found some paperwork for D params, and as if by magic D533.4 set to 0 kills the 4th axis and stops the error. I also found D531.6 will disable the need for 3 axis referencing for cycle start, although you must use that with care.

Again thanks for the help.... oh and the pcl ladder is a nightmare

Re: 4th Axis disabling (Fanuc 0-M)

Is this D533.4 MTB specific or generic for FANUC OM controls?