584,874 active members*
5,104 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > NEED ADVICE re: Enshu Yuasa AccuMill 1547 with Fanuc 3M
Page 3 of 3 123
    N P & T is Power supply common.
    5v+ is J & K.
    The reason for the various terminations instead of just one, is to spread the power supply load over more than one conductor, especially important on long wire runs.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks, Al, as always.

So if I am looking for "ground", this would be N, P, or T?

I ask because I have given up on the Fanuc and I am installing an Ajax controller. I need to install new connectors on the encoder wires, and the pinout diagram calls for "ground".

Thanks,
    Christian

Unfortunately the term Ground has become a universal term for any power common, it can get confusing when you have say a 24v common and a 5v common and they are both referred to as "Ground". But in fact they may be isolated from each other.
    IMO if the term is used that way, it should be qualified as in 5v ground and 24v ground.
    When i document a system I only use the term ground when it is actual Earth Ground.

Anyway, in your case you could use any of the N,P,T for 5v common, by rights they intend you to run three conductors to carry the total load, I use an encoder cable that has two conductors that are larger gauge than the rest so this serves the same purpose.
    If you are using the existing cable they may be already populated.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi Christian,
    As hard as this mght sound I would remove all the old electronics right from the motors up and install a hole new drive system running something like Mach3. The reson I would say that s that I have been working with a company that has a new Prototrak control system and I find that is no good for complex jobs. Its brillant for a machine shop doing simple jobs but not felexiable for what I want as well as being cumberson for bigger jobs.
    If the software in your machine was developed 10 to 15 years ago its lack of ability will drive you nuts.
    Any way thats my 2bw. Have a great day.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrunner View Post
    remove all the old electronics right from the motors up and install a hole new drive system running something like Mach3.
    Tony
    That is exactly what I am doing!

I will update with results....

I just came across this thread. One of my machinery dealers referred me to customer last year who had bought a used Accu-Mill and was having control problems. His mill was was running fine until the eprom chips crapped out and dumped the parameters. I contracted and did a retrofit with Mach III on a touchscreen, new AC Servos, VFD for the spindle, and a plc/mach control of the tool changer. You can see a quick video of the tool changer and mill here:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BRcu_Z_pE"]YouTube - ENSHU YUASA ACCU-MILL TOOL CHANGER[/nomedia]

There are a lot of opinions on retrofitting vs. keeping an older control running. I am solidly in the "rip everything out, install new, and sell the old parts on Ebay" camp, so if you have any questions about going the retro route, please ask.

Good luck with your machine. I was unfamiliar with the Accu-Mill before the project but turned out to be really impressed with machine design and construction.

Regards,
    Steven Balder
    SBPRECISION HOME PAGE

Re: NEED ADVICE re: Enshu Yuasa AccuMill 1547 with Fanuc 3M

I have similar problem, a “not ready” alarm that won’t go away. Pls see details here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...tem-ready.html

Re: NEED ADVICE re: Enshu Yuasa AccuMill 1547 with Fanuc 3M

I may not get a response since this is a dead thread. But I am curious as to what ever happened to these machines. We have an AM-1547 that we have been playing with. I have developed a soft spot for the machine as it was the first CNC I ever ran.

Thanks,
    Justin

Page 3 of 3 123