584,802 active members*
4,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Who works in manufacturing. programming or machining

View Poll Results: Who works in manufacturing, machinist or programer, both

Voters
1442. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do it all, program, setup and run a CNC machine daily.

964 66.85%
  • I setup & run a machine, but I dont do much/any programming.

98 6.80%
  • All I do is program CNC machines.

151 10.47%
  • Im into CNC as hobby right now. It is not how I earn a living.

261 18.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 891011

Re: Who works in manufacturing. programming or machining

I setup & run a machine, but I dont do much/any programming.

I have been a machinist for 22 years, now moved into programming with smart cam for two years

I do it all, programming is my favorite but i also do my own setups and running the machine.

I love custom CAMs, like a spindle commander, AutoCAM bores me, though im still on my second year of experience now on CNC`s but I can safely say on any CNC job you throw at me I can make it for you, it does`nt matter anymore if it`s stainless steel to wood, anyone noticed on china carbide bits are harder than US made carbide bits? last time I used US made carbide bits I resharpen every three days but now on the cheap china carbide bits I resharpen every two weeks? anyone noticed it?

I am impressed by the German tooling, Guhring in specific.

I want to go back to sweeping chips next, but I can't pay my bills that way anymore.

I do it all daily. I started machining in the early 90's, took a break while getting an engineering degree, and am happy to be back at it.

I started using a small lathe (Unimat) when I was about nine years old. I bought a HF 8x12 Lathe in 2005 then a Sieg X3 mill in 2010. Converted the mill to CNC this year. I am a programmer by profession but not the CNC kind.

Youngquist Brothers inc. in Ft Myers, FL is seeking an experienced machinist. Experience programming CNC lathes and mills a must. Experience operating manual lathes, mills, and drill presses also required. A candidate can expect to work on various short run projects.

Our current machine selection consists of:

Okuma Captain L370MW CNC lathe with OSP-P100 control with bar feeder
    Okuma LH55-N CNC lathe with OSP-E100L control
    Okuma OSP700L CNC lathe
    Mazak vertical traveling column mill VTC-20B with Mazatrol M plus control
    Kuraki KV-2000 CNC vertical machining center mill with a Fanuc series 16-M controller
    Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm with an hour for lunch.
    Health, dental, vision, and life insurance is offered after 90 days.
    Job Type: Full-time
    contact Mike Curry 239-489-4444 x212

CNC Fanuc machine- accidently I locked in the T handle L ratchet inside the cnc spindle when I was changing jaws. how to unlock the jaw so I can release the T handle L ratchet from spindle head?

We do program, repairing and even retrofit an old machine, change the whole CNC control, AC servo motors and drivers, spindle motor and driver, etc.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

I have some knowledge in the programming field what do you want to know?

Anyone familiar with cutting 1/8” aluminum. I’m trying to get some different set up options. Right now I run around 300-1000 placards at a time and then have about 20-25 hrs of clean up on each part. I’m looking for a setup that would have a next to mirror finish on all edges a no burr and ideas would help.

I have been working in a rapid prototyping company in China since 2013, which is a great company DDPROTOTYPE.COM

MakeMylifeEasy, We machine a lot of small parts like that. We get a spectacular finish facing with a 2 flute shear hog on our smaller parts and if you take very light cuts at .005 to .01 doc you will get the best results with very few witness marks. All our parts have to be mirror finished and polished. Of course the machinery used also matters.

I am New to Heidenhain Tnc 426.... I got ploblem as "NC program memory erased" in last night. some programs are erased, and i re-loaded the same with my back-up. When i start the machine as usual, it showing error as "Rotary axis not permitted here", and status display "T11.1 A S170". Actually i am not using Rotary axis from the first day of the machine. Pls suggest me.... Thanks in advance.

I also started out as a CNC operator / trainee. I have been doing this for about 4 years, and for the last 5 years I have been doing CNC programming. I wonder who else at cnczone is working in production.
    I want to ask a couple of tips)

I have been working as a manufacturing engineer technician going on 10 years. I work in a plant that forges and machines parts for the automotive industry. My work consists of setting up and adjusting programming for new processes, working with maintenance technicians, quality assurance, supervision, and operator when time allows. The majoriority of machines work within the plant are Okuma, Fuji, Robodrill, and Brother. Some automation I work with to load and unload machines like Universal robots and Fanuc robots with flex link conveyors to and from the robots.

How do miscellaneous companies work?

Many types of companies fall under the umbrella term “miscellaneous companies,” such as those involved in computer programming, marketing, funeral services, beer distribution, retail sales of consumer goods, chemical production, and steel cloth production.

Miscellaneous companies in this sector produce a vast array of goods, including those related to textiles and clothes, automotive fuel, chemicals, and more. These companies produce a wide variety of commodities for sale in both domestic and foreign markets.

Source: https://gorledge.com/what-companies-...llaneous-field

With over 20 years of shop floor experience, from CAD/CAM to button pushing, we work as a unique agency in manufacturing industry that most web designers simply just do not understand. MFG Empire is a premier solution to helping your manufacturing or machine shop grow. We design and develop highly professional websites for businesses within the industry. We cater to several businesses within the manufacturing industry.

if you want to know about how to gain client for you cnc machine shop click below

https://mfgempire.com/how-to-gain-cl...ning-business/
    Last edited by empiremfg; 10-03-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Page 10 of 11 891011