584,865 active members*
4,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > 6 leads stepper motor connect to TB6560AHQ stepper driver board

6 leads stepper motor connect to TB6560AHQ stepper driver board

Hello!

I have a 6 leads stepper motor (3.1V, 2.5A), and a TB6560AHQ stepper driver board.
    However, this driver board only have A+, A-, B+ & B- connector, and no connector for the 2 common wire for the stepper motor......
    OK, here are my questions:

1. I connect the A+, A-, B+ & B- wire of the stepper motor to the driver board, and the driver board can drive the stepper motor turning without the 2 common wire......
    So, can I only connect the A+, A-, B+ & B- wire to the driver board without the 2 common wire of a 6 leads stepper motor???

2. With the above setup, I want to connect the 2 common wire to the main power of the driver board, just want to see the different result between 4 leads connection and 6 leads connection of the stepper motor. However, the voltage of the main power is around 20V, and my stepper motor only need 3.1V.......So, can I connect the stepper motor directly to the 20V main power???

Thanks.

6 wire hookup diagram

Go to gecko web site. They have a section in the "step motor basics Guide" on how to wire stepper motors. You have to determine half winding or full winding connection. The information is located in the "geckodrive technical support Library"

JohnD.

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Go to gecko web site. They have a section in the "step motor basics Guide" on how to wire stepper motors. You have to determine half winding or full winding connection. The information is located in the "geckodrive technical support Library"

JohnD.

Thank you very much, johnd!!!
    This is very useful