584,861 active members*
5,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc W2 Tape Cut Help!!!!

Hi
    Im new to this forum and wonder if some of you guys could help. Sometime back our fanuc edm lost its memory due to lack of use and battery backup failure. This led to the parameters having to be reloaded, and since then we are finding that the interlock switches are having to be depressed before the machine will operate. As most of the guards have been removed. So my question is, is there a parameter or something I could change to disable the interlock switches. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Steve,

What interlock switches are you having to depress?

Is it only 'Auto' operation that does not work?

Are you able to turn on the '4 conditions before machining?

Kevin.

If you had to reload parameters from memory , not from rs 232 , or tape then these are standard . They will get you close but will need tweeking ...If this is the machine with a OM-A OR B OR C control I would supect that you loaded the parameters from machine memory . If this is the case you need to check your parameters against your hard copy....I have a modle O it has a OM-A when I realoaded prameters I did not have a hard copy . I used the standard parameters that are in the machine I had to go back and change the parameters for wire tension for the servo motors , for pages of memory etc...etc....In the back of the operator manual there should be a section on parameters and there description.... Why not take the key off the doors and put then in the switches and leave it like that ...good luck mate....

Hi Psync,

The interlock switches im having to depress are the table one for splash guard, the wire reel one at the top of the machine and the one above the bin where the wire feed roller is situated. I think the machine will jog about in pendant/manual mode, but will not run in auto and will not allow the conditions to be turned on.

Gabedrummin,

The machine was reloaded with the default parameters in the machine and adjustments made for servos etc, from which i have a data sheet but i have no documentation/parameters that refers to any interlock switches. All parameters seem to match the hard copies we have. As for using the keys there are none, they are just detent switches which get depressed when the doors are shut.

Thanks for your replies!

Hi Steve,

I am assuming you know where to enable the PWE setting to enable parameter editing?

If so, try setting Param 23 bit 7 to 1. Or else set it to the opposite of what it is currently set to. It can only be 1 or 0. Bit 7 is the bit (digit) on the far left hand side of the 8 bit parameter.

Hope it helps.

Kevin (psync)

Hi Kevin

That worked a treat thanks, your a star! How did you know to do that i have searched high and low for parameter listings and contacted many people suposidly in the know. But none have been able to help until now cheers.

No problem Steve.

spent a few years repairing FANUC wire edm's at FANUC South Africa...

Quote Originally Posted by psync View Post
    No problem Steve.

spent a few years repairing FANUC wire edm's at FANUC South Africa...
    Ps,

Have any experience with the wire power supply?
    My buddy has a Elox/Fanuc model Q with a bad power supply board, need someone who can repair. We've found the failed part but, can't get it from Fanuc unless he buys the entire board , of course, for 4 grand.

Thanks.
    Paul

Do you have a pic of the component?

Alternatively, if you want to go through the hassle of sending it to me in South Africa I'd be happy to have a look at it for you. They usually aren't that difficult to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by psync View Post
    Do you have a pic of the component?

Alternatively, if you want to go through the hassle of sending it to me in South Africa I'd be happy to have a look at it for you. They usually aren't that difficult to repair.
    PS,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I've posted a pic of the part here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107828
    My friend's sent it half way round the world already, only to be told it's a non obtainable Fanuc proprietary part.
    If you're able to repair it for a reasonable cost, he'd have no problem shipping it?
    Thanks.
    Paul

Re: Fanuc W2 Tape Cut Help!!!!

Hi, I have fanuc tape cut series 360 got hang problem where when booting CRT display' fanuc tape cut series ..series 360-07' after that stay there only. Maybe someone could help me

Quote Originally Posted by mluqman View Post
    Hi, I have fanuc tape cut series 360 got hang problem where when booting CRT display' fanuc tape cut series ..series 360-07' after that stay there only. Maybe someone could help me
    Your "Emergency Switch or E-Switch" is depressed or faulty. Check it out and see if the problem resolves.

Greetings, someone has the parameters of a
    elox wire cut om