585,748 active members*
3,434 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Deckel FP4 NC 4th axis not referencing HELP!!

Deckel FP4 NC 4th axis not referencing HELP!!

Hello all.
    I am having problems with my CNC Deckel (Siemens 3M control).

I need to use my 4th axis (NCT 500) but the C axis does not finish the referencing, so it does not allow me to run a program.

When i try to reference the table, it rotates normally till it hit the reference switch, then it just stop. the green light on the console remains on (meaning it is expecting the machine to keep moving) but nothing else happens.
    I believe the 4th axis reference routine should be the same as the other axis. Keep moving till they hit the reference switch, then reverse very slowly till it passes though the encoder reference point, then stop and set the displayed dimension to zero and mark that axis as Referenced.

I can rotate the table in jog mode, and also incrementally rotate it, the encoder is OK as the rotation is correct, I also sent the encoder to Heidenhein to test it, all is ok.

The servo motor is working OK and the hydraulic clamping is working OK.

I called the teck guy, and he already spent 4 days looking at the machine and still cant find the problem, he checked all the wiring, swapped the measuring boards in the controller, reloaded the machine software, the works.

The only thing that he thinks may be the problem is the PLC program. as the program in the machine looks different from the printout i got with my electrical schematics (incomplete)
    Does anybody have a copy of the PLC program for us to try out?

My machine details:

Deckel FP4 NC
    Ser. # 2810-3761

Serial number on side of electrical cabinet 12865 manuf. date 1985
    Schaltplan 6003907510203
    Anpabsteureung 60045000530202

Inside the cabinet on the controller:
    Siemens Sinumerik 3M
    6fc 3441 - 87d - 2

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as this machine has been a good machine when working 3 axis, very accurate and reliable. I got this machine about 5 years ago, and the rotary table never worked. But now I got a job that does not fit on my Mazak and I really need to get the Deckel to work.

Regards
    Vladimir

Deckel c axis help.

Hello Vladimir

I thought we got that c going years ago since I never heard from you again.

I have a new direct email for you [email protected].

I also have skype account, my user name is deckeldoctor if you get free account you can call me for free from you computer if you have microphone, or text, or video confrence if you have camera.

Regards
    DD

Don

Hi Don.

I never got the 4th axis to work, at the time I was too busy doing 3 axis work, I didn't need the 4th axis so I just put it on the back burner for a while. Now I got a repeat job that will not fit in my Mazak , so I need the C axis working.
    At the moment I still can use the machine with the rotary table as a indexing unit, but it is a real pain, as every time I have to rotate it, I have to change parameter 406, plug in the rotary table cables, index the table using the incremental jogging, change back the parameter 406, unplug the cables, and continue working. The main problem is that I am doing gears, so I do spend more time fiddling with cables, than cutting metal.

I did request a contact in Skype, so we will be able to talk.

Regards
    Vladimir

machine has been fixed

Just to let you guys know.

My machine is finally fixed. :cheers:

A big thanks to Don Sentner (Deckel Doctor). (wedge) Even being on the other side of the world, he guided me on every step to fix the problem, we connected through Skype, and we ran all sorts of diagnostics till He found the problem, despite me having to do the button pushing and wiring checks. I believe that if Don was here he would fix it in a few hours, but with my "help":bs: it took a few days of Don working after midnight (including Saturday and Sunday).

Turned out to be mainly the parameters loaded in the machine didn't match the required configuration, ( Apart from other things) and that led to problems in the servo drives that prevented the machine from referencing. (I believe)

S now I can only thank Don, as he really did help me on this one.

Vladimir

Hello Vlad,

Are you making chips today?

Are you making good parts?

Regards
    DD