585,880 active members*
6,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach TTS Tool Holder Dimensions?

Tormach TTS Tool Holder Dimensions?

While I'm waiting for my machine to show up (Syil X5 Linear), I have been working on getting MasterCAM all configured for my machine and tooling.

I'm going to be utilizing the Tormach TTS with my Syil 'ATC' (in quotes because it's really just a power drawbar plus table-mounted rack), and am working on tool tables. The issue I've run into though, is that I'm unable to find any published dimensions for the various TTS tool holders (set-screw holder, collet chuck, drill chuck).

I could wait for the machine and tooling to come in but I'm impatient.

Does anyone have these handy? Thanks!

I think you will find that the dimensions of the tool-holder are irrelevant without the tool mounted. You need the dimension from the tool-holder register to the tool tip, which you can't measure until the tool is mounted.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by plasmator View Post
    While I'm waiting for my machine to show up (Syil X5 Linear), I have been working on getting MasterCAM all configured for my machine and tooling.

I'm going to be utilizing the Tormach TTS with my Syil 'ATC' (in quotes because it's really just a power drawbar plus table-mounted rack), and am working on tool tables. The issue I've run into though, is that I'm unable to find any published dimensions for the various TTS tool holders (set-screw holder, collet chuck, drill chuck).

I could wait for the machine and tooling to come in but I'm impatient.

Does anyone have these handy? Thanks!

Phil is correct. However if you are looking for general dimensions this tutorial gives basic dimensions on the lower part of the holder. They are all close in size.

http://www.tormach.com/videos/25002_...utorial_2.html

Re: Tormach TTS Tool Holder Dimensions?

Phil: I did notice that in the tool setup, but I was trying to get everything I could fill out for now while I wait for these machines to show up.

Like you say I'm probably getting ahead of myself - the wait is soooo painful!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum164 View Post
    Phil is correct. However if you are looking for general dimensions this tutorial gives basic dimensions on the lower part of the holder. They are all close in size.

http://www.tormach.com/videos/25002_...utorial_2.html
    I know this is an old thread and all, but link no worky
    I am just looking for some basic TTS dimensions so that I can start making my TTS holder/organizer while I am sitting around waiting for etrade to get their bleeping [censored] together and give me my money so that actually get my mill...

I believe the 'hole' should be slightly bigger than 3/4", but how big should the 'keep out' area be around the hole?

I don't know if this will help much but I have all the TTS holders created in SprutCam. It is a text file and I have attached it to this post.
    You will need to watch the video to know what the text means but it is pretty simple. If you have SprutCam you can just copy and paste the text into the tool holder box

Tormach updated their web site somewhat recently, some of those old links have changed. If you go to Tormach's web site and look thru their video tutorials you will find a similar tutorial to the one linked to in the post above. here is a link to the video, the part about the tool holders is about half way thru the video. Note that the dimensions Eric gives are not real, just to illustrate how it works.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tRZI1PINQ&feature=youtube_gdata]SprutCam version 7 - Beginning Tutorial 3 - Tool Library and Custom Tool Basics - YouTube[/ame]

HTH
    Gerry

Sorry, the simple answer is Ø.812" holes on 2.125" centers, that is based on the wooden tool holder I received from Tormach with the TTS set.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105