585,875 active members*
3,925 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak Integrex 30

Hi there! New to the site and relatively new to machining. But my question comes from a co-worker/mentor. I told him of this site so he asked if anyone happens to know how to or if you can toggle the foot pedal for the chuck. He currently needs to hold the pedal down to open the chuck and release it to close. It takes a toll on him after a while. can you toggle it to press once to open then press again to close chuck? Just a little question to start. I'm sure i will have many more pertaining to my machines. Thanks

We have Mazak QT350-II with Matrix Nexus control that set up for one press to close chuck and press again to open. As far as which parameter to change I have not found that yet.

Sorry I dont know much about Mazak. He says its a Tplus control panel... I dont know if this helps or if its correct..

We had this same issue when we took delivery of our Integrex 35 with the same T+ control. Mazak told us we can either have a two-pedal set-up (one pedal to open the chuck, the other to close the chuck), or stick with the single pedal that closes on its own like it is now.

Mazak said to us back in 1998, they CANNOT make it work like the old machines. I do not know for sure if this is still true. Going with a two-pedal set-up will be better than it is now, but not as easy as the old machines.

I agree, the self closing pedal blows.

We had a Integrex 35 a long time ago that we bought new. It was set up this way also, but there is a parameter to change this over. It is not one that is listed in the general maint. book though. You would have to call service to get it. We dont have the machine anymore so I cant check on the parameter for you. Call Kentucky service and ask for Steve Allender, he can help you.