5,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 226 of 226 126176216224225226
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 4515

Re: XZero CNC

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    im not really sure how hes doing. he calls once in a while, then vanishes again. hes not that old, 50's I think.
    40s
    XZero cnc

O_O

Thank you very much, I finally used the hiwin... looks good!

Now I need to buy the ballscrews for my machine. Do you know where to order these for this XZERO machine?

Quote Originally Posted by pratbasses View Post

Now I need to buy the ballscrews for my machine. Do you know where to order these for this XZERO machine?
    Ball screws... MY predator (40x48) has 2525 screws on the x and y, and 2510 on the z. these are the higher-ish end tbi rolled models. I assume yours is the same.

I do have one spare for the X (under the table) but it is only 48" so that doesn't help you. The fixed ends of the screws are machined in a very special way for george's end bearing blocks and couplings. a good supplier will do them, BUT, many suppliers of tbi and other lower cost screws are NOT good, and do very poor machining on the ends.

As a result, im not sure exactly the best choice for you - most local suppliers of quality screws are comically overpriced.

Any idea what size and pitch ballscrews you're looking for? I have one under a bench in my shop. It was the wrong one for my raptor, but maybe it's the right one for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc2010 View Post
    Any idea what size and pitch ballscrews you're looking for? I have one under a bench in my shop. It was the wrong one for my raptor, but maybe it's the right one for yours.
    predators are 25mm diam in all axes.
    usually 2510 or 2525 on x and y, and 2510 for z.

the raptor including the mini was 20mm x and 16mm y and z.

Hi guys, I ordered the screws here un Spain, Was a little tricky to design them, my first Time, but verte happy. Now i just Need 2 things, but George comunicación is nota working... I bought a teknomotor, And I Need the holding Plate. Also, the piece that fits the x screw without the los fence... Attached picture. Any idea if I can order ir aftermarket? Thank you again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190729_232622.jpg  

Hi guys, I ordered the screws here un Spain, Was a little tricky to design them, my first Time, but verte happy. Now i just Need 2 things, but George comunicación is nota working... I bought a teknomotor, And I Need the holding Plate. Also, the piece that fits the x screw without the los fence... Attached picture. Any idea if I can order ir aftermarket? Thank you again!
    For the X mount... not sure what you mean. Do you need that piece in the picture? Or do you you have it and something isn't right?
    I just had one made for mine. Ill ask if he made more than just the one. If you ask for a one off, it may cost quite a bit. (this is made by the guy that made the originals, he is a few KM from me, so i am having him make me new parts and modifications. He does have a very small amount of bits left in stock, but that nut mount he had to make new.

Fore the tekno plate. That is easier since its just a flat plate with holes. Any local shop should manage that for you, or you could just do it with a drill press. I made mine for my large tekno ATC with a drill press.

For the X mount... not sure what you mean. Do you need that piece in the picture? Or do you you have it and something isn't right?
    I just had one made for mine. Ill ask if he made more than just the one. If you ask for a one off, it may cost quite a bit. (this is made by the guy that made the originals, he is a few KM from me, so i am having him make me new parts and modifications. He does have a very small amount of bits left in stock, but that nut mount he had to make new.

Fore the tekno plate. That is easier since its just a flat plate with holes. Any local shop should manage that for you, or you could just do it with a drill press. I made mine for my large tekno ATC with a drill press.
    Yes, I Need the piece (I dont have it).

i told him to look at this thread. he has no spares, but he would be able to make you one. i dont know at what cost though and how long it would take.

i told him to look at this thread. he has no spares, but he would be able to make you one. i dont know at what cost though and how long it would take.
    Thank you! This Is my e-mail: [email protected]
    Please, fell free to contact me, I'll need it ASAP
    I aprecia te tour help A LO!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! This Is my e-mail: [email protected]
    Please, fell free to contact me, I'll need it ASAP
    I apreciate your help A LOT!

Well hi there

Seems I need to buy a house, and I live in Toronto... Sooooooo

I need to sell 3 of my machines, 2 xzero machines and one brother.

- xzero number one is a 300mm x 300mm x 100mm travel mini raptor "extreme edition" designed for cutting aluminium mostly. Or something like that. There aren't many xzero parts on it anymore. The extrusions have been replaced with solid bar. The table is 1" plate with a hole grid for shoulder bolts. The Z is completely new design and 10 x more rigid with less overhand. the ball screws are NSK c5 ground with nsk support bearings. The rails are bosch precision grade (the only non brand new part, they were surplus). It has an automatic oiler for the rails and screws. Its has a DDCSv3.1 control and JMC integrated ac servos with a delta 24v psu. There are clamps for 80mm and 62mm spindles. I don't have a spindle or drive for it. I can order one for you and install it if you commit. Choice are water cooled 750w 62mm 40000rpm (can run on 110v single phase), and the usual 2.2kw 80mm 24000rpm (requires 220v). personally, I think the 2.2kw is too large for this machine, but it does fit just fine. I will also include fusion 360 cad drawings for a simple 2020 extrusion sound deadening enclosure with laser cut panelling which integrates the machine, its drives / psu's and the control panel on the front.

- xzero number 2 is my predator 400mm x 750mm x 180mm travel guitar makers "monster". Completely revamped, all solid aluminium, no extrusions. SBC rails with 2 blocks per rail instead of the usual 1, revamped Z with less overhang and vastly more rigidity. Four 2" cross bars for the table top - designed for a vakuumtisch aluminium grid vacuum table (you'll need to buy the table and counterbore holes to mount - or just use some mdf). Teknomotor ATC spindle with drive and tooling. 2525 tbi screws on the x and y, 2010 thk ground screw on the Z. No servos (you need an AC servo with a brake at least for the Z, no stepper will hold that spindle), and no control for this machine. Motor mounts were modified for sanyo servos, but I can make you new ones for any motors you want to use. If you are local to Toronto, I can help you set it up for an extra price.

Both these machines are currently in parts, waiting to be anodised. These machines are NEW, (with the exception of the bosch rails on the mini). As with any xzero machine, they are still very easy to assemble, takes under a day.

Thanks for lookin

(Alien vs) Predator

But a nice predator that wont bite and wants you to take him home... :P

a bit more complete
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pred2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	436158

New mini... This thing is really a mill and not a router at this point. I would put it above a tormach 770 for aluminium cutting I think if you put an 80mm jianken iso20 spindle on it. (obviously not for very heavy low speed cutting).
    Call it a poor mans datron.

Please give it a home!

Page 226 of 226 126176216224225226