585,967 active members*
4,454 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 6mb parameter needed

Im getting somewhere know it appears that someone has been into the parameters of this machine before I bought it. I have got the g43 parameter on the g54 parameter on finally now for the new problem the machine position is reading in mm. absolute distance to go and relative is reading all in inches. does anyone know where the parameter is to swith the machine position to inches. The set up page shows it is set to inches and I gave it a g20 also just to make sure is there anyone out there that can help thanks
    BE NICE TO THE NERDS IN SCHOOL. THEY ONE DAY MAY BE YOUR BOSS

029 "An offset value exceeded 6 digits. The offset value should be reset."

thanks for the info I have been searching the net trying to solve the problems im having I figured out that I was putting an offset in offset oo for g54 when it should have been 01 that fixed that problem now I have discovered that the machine position is reading in metric when the rest of positions are in inches I used o-9999 delete to clear out memory and Im thinking I erased some macro programs that was stored it the 9000 range not sure what to do now.

I believe the 6M only displays the Machine Position in MM. I can't find any parameter to change it to inches.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    I believe the 6M only displays the Machine Position in MM. I can't find any parameter to change it to inches.
    Can I set the machine to metric set it up then switch to inches to run I noticed when you change to metric all inch numbers convert to metric

Quote Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post
    Can I set the machine to metric set it up then switch to inches to run I noticed when you change to metric all inch numbers convert to metric
    No, not on the 6M. Later models allow you to change the Machine Position display to either inch or MM.

From the 6M-Model B Operator's Manual on the "Overall Display":

"The unit of the machine coordinate system is the same as that of the machine system."

So If I understand right Im going to have to program in metrics to make it run right. If this is the case I am unsure why the even offered the inch to metric parameter on the set up page or allow it to read a g20 without faulting out on the 6m b.

No, you program in Inches if your Input Unit is set to 1 (either in the Setting Data 01 or by G20 command). The Absolute Position, Relative Position, and Distance to Go displays should all be in Inches. It's only the Machine Position that is displayed in MM, and that has no effect on the program.

i set the machine in g21 and set zero in mm in the machine offset page I put the same number in each of 1-6 offsets. I then switched it back to g20 the absolute distance to go and relative was all in inches. The set point was aprox. the center of table. I jog the machine back to close to the reference position gave it an mdi g00 g90 g55 xo yo and the machine took off to where it was going to hit the limits on x and y on the other sides of the table no where nearr where I set the xo yo

What values did you put in G55 X and Y? I would guess that if you have a 40 x 20 machine, the MM values should be something like X-508 and Y-254 to put the machine in the center of XY. Did you try a move to 0,0 before switching to Inch mode?

When you switched to Inch mode, did the offsets convert to inch equivalents, or did the decimal point just move left and the values stay the same?

(It's been 25 or 30 years since I've even laid hands on a 6M, so my memory of how they work is rather hazy... sorry.)

i gave it metric numbers of x421. y-150. It converted it to inches when I switched to inches. The machine got to the center of table in x and still had 18 inches to go. I stopped the machine when y was about to hit the over travel limit in y- and it still had 6 inches to go. The absolut was reading in inches. I have been talking to a local tech we have alread found a few bad parameters. And fixed them I think someone got into the machine paramaters before I bought it and messed with them. Or I got a low battery. We are currently looking for the original parameters for the machine they wasnt listed in the back panel like some were.

When you power up and zero return the machine, I assume the machine position is set to X0 Y0 correct? Move the X and Y to the center of the travel. What does the Machine Position X and Y read?

Hi
    Your machine go home position when power on. You remove X and Y axis to center table. You set position G55 same as machine's position in center table.
    In program, you remove origin point to center drawing. I dont know where is your home machine. You see machine operation and repair work zero.

I know this is an old thread but ill try!
    i got g54 working after parameter change but still struggling with g43 on a 6m-b controll getting 010 alarm.

Please send me a PM if you can help me.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post
    Im getting somewhere know it appears that someone has been into the parameters of this machine before I bought it. I have got the g43 parameter on the g54 parameter on finally now for the new problem the machine position is reading in mm. absolute distance to go and relative is reading all in inches. does anyone know where the parameter is to swith the machine position to inches. The set up page shows it is set to inches and I gave it a g20 also just to make sure is there anyone out there that can help thanks

I didnt have any trouble reading a g43. I havent done much on this machine for awhile been running the fadal. I need to get it up and running but think the spindle drive might be going bad. Let me dig around I think I got a list of paramaters for the 6 b. They are hard to come by since fanuc still uses a lot of the same parameters on there new controls they used on the 6 to turn on options

6M G43

Its been a long time ago that I ran a 6M but I seem to rember haveing trouble with G43 on them I was think that I had to use G45 and G46 one was to rapid to a spot above zero (+Z) and the other was to rapid below zero (-Z)

g43 is what picks up tool offset for the tool programmed on the 6mb