585,974 active members*
4,338 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Edges Not Selectable

Edges Not Selectable

I am a new SprutCAM user. I have been following the 4th axis tutorial provided by Tormach. The IGES file was imported successfully. I was able to translate the 3D model and sew the edges. The problem occurs when I try to create a pocket. I cannot select the edges needed to create the pocket. I cannot finish creating the pocket because I cannot select the edges. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this or have any suggestions to fix this problem?

Did you put a tolerance on the sew function? I typically 0.01". Did you turn on only the edge selection filter tool when selecting edges? I find that if the sew function worked correctly then opening up the part in the machining tab when selecting job assignment there should be a list of edges that can be selected.

Don

I kept the sew tolerance at 0. Changing that may help. I deleted the configuration and SprutCAM created a new file. The edges are now selected after that. I am definitely going to keep your suggestions in mind.

JDMay,

I'm also new to sprutcam. I think I ran into the same problem. It was because I did not have the job assignment button/icon selected.

I was getting lost trying to follow the tutorials that were based on an older version of SC. I jumped ahead to Eric's waterline tutorial (matches my version of SC) and suddenly it all made sense.

Good Luck!

it is not possible explain what you do via writing posts, probably you missing something and even don`t know what , so my advice is : make a short video ( camtasia , hypercam ) put it here , we will see what you do wrong , there are always few small details at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by pit202 View Post
    it is not possible explain what you do via writing posts, probably you missing something and even don`t know what , so my advice is : make a short video ( camtasia , hypercam ) put it here , we will see what you do wrong , there are always few small details at the beginning.
    IMO SprutCAM is very capable and useful CAM software. The major problem that I see with SprutCAM is the lack of intelligible instructions as to how to use SprutCAM and the “why” of particular settings in SprutCAM. (not just for the beginners, but also for those of us that have been using SprutCAM for awhile)I suspect that this problem may lay in that SprutCAM instructions were translated from Russian by a non-native English speaker into American English though a second language translation possibly Polish.
    BTW Eric is doing an absolutely fabulous job of creating videos and answering questions about the “how to” and “why” of SprutCAM. The recent series of videos has been a great added value to SprutCAM software. Thank you Eric and keep those great instructional videos coming.

Don

Everyone, thanks for the tips. It appears that I had a bad installation. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall. Everything is working properly now.
    Don- I agree the videos are excellent. I am making the transition from MasterCAM X3 and they have helped me.