585,735 active members*
4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol T1 Problem, Can Anyone Help?

We recently had a memory corruption happen, and had to reset the internal memory and reenter all the data back in the machine. None of the parameters, tool data or tool set info was backed up. We got the orignal parameters from when the machine was built and entered them in. The control is a Mazatrol T1.

Two things going on right now. The parts counter on the screen does not increment, and when you goto change the numbers in the program that adjust the bore diameter you get a 102 Mis Operation alarm that can be cleared and then you can edit the program. Anyone seen this before? Or know if something has to be turned on to get the counter to work? I've never programmed a CNC machine before.

you go to END program and put 1 into parts counter on...

101 missing condition

dear forum,
    i have buy a mazak T1 QT10 universal, with no gear shift.
    no original parameters, but i input parameters for QT10 Universal with gear shift.
    all function normally ok, just if i run in memory mode, when i press start button, always show alarm 101 missing condition. What is it?
    please help me.

Thanks

We've been getting that same missing condition alarm, but if you push reset it goes away, and the lathe runs correctly.

Smile T-1 Missing condition alarm

Many older QT10 and 20's have an air chuck system. You must wait a few seconds (you should hear a click as I remember) then push Cycle Start. The Missing Condition is the chuck close timer has not finished.

hi!

i remember that we had the same problem of that alarm "101 missing condition" all that we did every morning is to warm up the machine we turn on the spindle and after a few minutes we reset and the alarm its gone...until we found out that the problem was the fan at the back of the machine there are two fans on it we disconnected the one fan but i'm not sure w/c one on it 'coz i've never been working now on my previous work....i hope it works....

Has anyone out there got any info on a hydraulic chuck on a mazak QT20 with a mazatrol t1 control. The problem i have is that the chuck wont open or close, It has a twin foot control. If i flick the int/ext switch the chuck will open or close a bit but thats all. Is there anything in the parameters that controls the chuck.
    Any info would be great
    Thanks.

Specifically check you SQ parameter. This particular parameter sets different functionality on your PLC which will control different options that are configured for your machine. You can usually find the description of these functions in the beginning of your schematic diagrams for your machine. Depending on which functions you have the method to add or subtract these functions is by adding up the decmal value that are next to them. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768. I beleive this is as high as it will go. Think of this as 16 possible options that you can add to your machine. The trick is which combination is yours.

If you post what this parameter is set too, I could try to tell you what options you have. It certainly could shed some light on your issue.

Also post when this problem began.

Not sure if this will help or not, good luck.

Chippy

Has the chuck been taken off by anyone before your problem occured? If so, or just check and make sure the draw tube, threaded adaptor is threaded all the way onto the draw tube.

I have not seen it working, the machine was bought at an auction about a year ago and i'm only new to the company and trying to get the machine working. The wires on the limit switches on the chuck cylinder are removed and by the looks of things they were not connected in ages.
    When i flick the int/ext switich the chuck jaws move about 6 or 8 mm, it looks like this machine was doing only one job and the switich was used to open and close chuck because the switich is really shinning like it got alot of use.
    I think i will have to get a technician to look at it and check it from the wiring diagrams, it even appears that a couple of relay switiches are missing from the board on the cabinet door, there is 3 or 4 empty spaces.

My quickslant 20 did the same thing. It ended up being the drawtube rusted up in the headstock. Try to take the chuck off. If the draw tube does not allow you to seperate the chuck from the spindle nose you are stuck. I had to build a 36 inch boring bar and bore mine out.
    "Fire is cool" -Beavis

101 missing condition

i have the same problem.
    i have a qt-10 with t1 control.
    the technician says everything checks out.
    i don't know what to do anymore.
    he thinks is something in the programing,but i doubt it.
    he even said if i could get a sample program to see if it does the same.
    some help over here please.

[QUOTE=mbmmachining;556351]i have the same problem.
    i have a qt-10 with t1 control.
    the technician says everything checks out.
    i don't know what to do anymore.
    he thinks is something in the programing,but i doubt it.
    he even said if i could get a sample program to see if it does the same.
    some help over here please.[/QUOT

Did it suddenly start doing this or is the machine new to you?
    "Fire is cool" -Beavis

i bought the machine about 9 months ago.
    Machine is ready
    but i never got it to run.
    that 101 condition is killing me.
    see i worked with t32 control but with this older control makes me worder if i'm doing anything wrong as far as programming.

You will get the "missing condition" if you have an error in your programming. Try to do a simple "EDGE" and see if you can make it work. If it doesn't maybe you can take a picture of the screen w/ the program open and attach it to your post so that we can help.
    "Fire is cool" -Beavis

Missing condition is not a program alarm it means the control cannot run without some condition being satisfied. Typical things to check are, Control is not in "auto", a gear number has not been selected, Tailstock quill switch is in the nuetral position (pointing up) If you have an air chuck wait until you hear a click (around 3 seconds) before pushing cycle start. verify the chucking mode is external (switch is on the inside back door of the electrical cabinet) if you are chucking the O.D. of the part. Be sure the machine has been homed out before selecting auto mode. Hope this helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMazak View Post
    Missing condition is not a program alarm it means the control cannot run without some condition being satisfied. Typical things to check are, Control is not in "auto", a gear number has not been selected, Tailstock quill switch is in the nuetral position (pointing up) If you have an air chuck wait until you hear a click (around 3 seconds) before pushing cycle start. verify the chucking mode is external (switch is on the inside back door of the electrical cabinet) if you are chucking the O.D. of the part. Be sure the machine has been homed out before selecting auto mode. Hope this helps you out.
    Your right, it's been awhile since I have seen that alarm.
    "Fire is cool" -Beavis

Mazatrol T1 Chucking Parameters

We have a old but still good 1985 Mazak QT20 with a Mazatrol T1 control that we have owned for years and is still a good solid CNC Lathe. The machine has a hydraulic chuck but I believe the machine came new with an air chuck. However, when we purchased the machine it had the hydraulic chuck. Anyway, we have basically used the machine as a chucker for many years now. However, I have a need to do some bar work with the machine but have been unable to open and close the chuck with M6 and M7 commands. From looking at manuals and schematics it appears this ability was an option for this machine. However, the schematics show that a 6M and 7M relay are required for this option and it appears this machine has these relays in place.
    In reading in this thread, one reply speaks about the SQ parameter. The SQ parameter on our machine is set at 19993. The way I understand this number is that the setting value for the Qt20 is 1545 and it is set to an Air Chuck with single Foot Switch for a value of 18448. There is a Chuck Rotary option, should we be set to this option or is there another parameter that should be set differently? I'm just trying to figure out if this machine with open and close the chuck with M6 and M7 commands and what I need to do to make this work. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary Jennings