585,717 active members*
3,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > FlashCut CNC > FlashCut error message: lost connection with signal generator! HELP!!!

Unhappy FlashCut error message: lost connection with signal generator! HELP!!!

I use FlashCut CNC ver. 2.0.9 to cut sheet metal using a Hypotherm Plasma Cutter. I have started getting an error intermittently that states I have lost the connection with the signal generator, try turning off and on to reset/check connections etc. I have been unable to pinpoint where the problem is, but suspect it is in the Flashcut Signal Generator Box. I ordered a new 9 pin cable in the hope that the solution is that simple but have not received it yet. Has anyone else had this problem and can offer recommendations to fix?

i had the same problem for awhile. i droped the communication baudrate down one level and it went away. still not for sure that was the problem. but it has not happened since.

Baudrate?

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. What baudrate did you set it at? I looked at this as and was not sure if I should set it lower. I did get a new 9 pin cord and ran the power cord separately and that seemed to help. Thanks,
    Carrie

i think before i had it at 115k baud and dropped it to 57.6k baud on version 2 i since have updated to version 3 software and a new chip for the 401 controller. it helped alot with the communication problem. but a good cable will help out as well.