584,814 active members*
5,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Old, tired and confused...

Old, tired and confused...

I got back into the prototype business after a looooong hiatus and I'm trying to get caught up on all this new fangled CNC stuff. I'm bleary eyed as I write this question hoping someone on this board could/would help me out.

We usually do "one off" projects, but sometimes we will do multiples. At times, the parts can be somewhat complex and therefore programming intensive. I'm using ProManufacture (ugh) to program/generate tool paths and it does not allow me to duplicate "operations" An "operation" is ProManufacturese for a program. I am wanting to have the machine complete a program and than step over and repeat the program. (because I'm old and tired and I don't want to have to completely re-create a program so I can run more than one part)

There has to be a way to edit the post and to step over in "X" and or "Y" and repeat a whole program.

As I said, I'm old and confused and I'm getting cranky trying over and over to edit the post so the program will run until it's finished and then step over in "X and/or "Y" and start again. The owner is getting pissed off with me using machine time to try and figure out.

It's probably just a matter of just adding a few lines of code into the post but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Please and thank you.

BTW: We running HAAS machining centers.

are you drip feeding these machines? either way, just a simple copy and paste of the original program and change your g54 offset to g55 for your next one is what i am guessing. havent messed much with the haas mills, so their fixture offsetting could be different.....