584,862 active members*
5,699 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syntec a bit jerky

Friends,

I'm currently doing a lot of dry-runs with real code on my JinanQuickCNC with a Syntec controller.

I'd like to understand whats the highest combination of cutting speeds (feed+rpm+depth) that you have successfully used with Syntec without observing jerky motion. Actually, have you ever needed to set G61, G62 and G64 parameters in the controller or the post?

Has anyone cut epoxy impregnated MDF? If so what were the cutting parameters?

Thanks,
    N

I have just received a machine using a Syntec controller and am having problems with a jerking motion as the machine changes direction. Did you manage to sort the problem out? I realise this is a very old post but any feedback would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Friends,

I'm currently doing a lot of dry-runs with real code on my JinanQuickCNC with a Syntec controller.

I'd like to understand whats the highest combination of cutting speeds (feed+rpm+depth) that you have successfully used with Syntec without observing jerky motion. Actually, have you ever needed to set G61, G62 and G64 parameters in the controller or the post?

Has anyone cut epoxy impregnated MDF? If so what were the cutting parameters?

Thanks,
    N

Just my 2 Cents worth. I would check the mechanics before blaming anything electronic. Have you checked to make sure all the drive pulleys set screws are tight and the tension on the drive belt as well as any excessive drag anywhere on the slides?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
    I have just received a machine using a Syntec controller and am having problems with a jerking motion as the machine changes direction. Did you manage to sort the problem out? I realise this is a very old post but any feedback would be great

Super motor, the issue was with excessive cutting speeds with too large depth of cut. For the last 4 years, almost everything has worked well. I would suggest to reduce your feeds by .25 get them to the point where you can dry move the head without any problems. Then use half of that speed in actual cutting.
    I can't tell you the actual speeds that your system can handle, since it is design dependent, power of servos, inertia of the bridge, whether your servos are tuned for acceleration and deceleration, the cutting forces from the spindle etc etc.
    Try this simple suggestion and let me know if it worked.
    N

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk