585,728 active members*
4,796 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 5M parameter tape??

Hello all,
    I have a apotential Sword of Damocles hanging over one of my machines. It is a Hitchi seiki minimatic 500 with a Fanuc 5M control.
    I have religeously replaced the batteries on the memory over the years, and all has gone well so far. But, I can no longer find the parameter loading tape for this machine. I have all of the parameters written down and recorded.
    According to myth, the first set of 3 to six parameters can only be loaded by a convoluted tape ritual.
    A couple of questions. I am using a refresh your memory setup on the tape reader port for inputting code anyway. could this be used to input the parameter data? ( I would need to know the data format to write the code to simulate the tape.)
    Or is there a manual way to input this data without the need for the tape reader and small animal sacrifice??
    any help would be most appreciated!
    thank you,
    arnie

fanuc 5t format parameter tape

These images may help with format parameters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fanuc5t procedure GERMAN11.jpg   fanuc5t procedure GERMAN12.jpg   fanuc5t procedure GERMAN13.jpg  

Smile 5m cmos perameter format

Thank you!
    My sister speaks german, and I can decipher quite a bit as well. This should help me code a work around.
    all the best!
    arnie

Do you have the first paper tape of the program to initialize? This initial paper tape preparation system that could be put parameters (see under Section E and F).

I have the same problem - I have a Howa lathe with Fanuc 5T controller and cannot get the first 3 parameters in.

I do not have the "magic" tape but will try with a file containing the code shown in the pages in this thread sent via a tape converter (like a BTR box). But, I cannot read the pages very well - the B and the 8 look similar, so should the first part of the tape read 2B85%80%%0806, or 2885%...

Also, is it possible to have the whole set of parameters (about 30-40) on a tape in this format ?

Chris

solve the problems to enter parameter

We solve this problem. We made a programmer for the 6508 RAM memory and an small adapter pcb for the memory with lithium batteries. If you have free RAM memory chip and a table of parameters we can to help .Send me your e-mail to send you a picture in better resolution

Re: fanuc 5t format parameter tape

Do you have an English version of this document?