584,814 active members*
5,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need a Machine Manual for a Comet Milling Machine

I am in need of the manufacture's manual for a 1985 Comet Milling Machine.

Model: Cnc-1630
    S/N: 851633
    System: Fanuc 10MA
    Number: 5768
    Manufactured 1985-10-23

I am willing to pay for copying or whatever. I have the Fanuc Manual, I need the Comet Manual.

If you know someone who has this machine or close to it please advise.

Thanks

Hi
    I have a manual for Comet mills . Mine is a 1986 3kvhd bur the manual covers the 2s,2v 3v and 3kvhd series mills. ths difference is the hp of the motor and the ead drive the 2s is belt and pulleys and the v"s are vari belt drives. the file I have is jpeg scans of the paper manua land is 31meg. so I don't know if it will email or not.
    Before I got the manual I used a manual for the Bridgeport series 1 Jhead and the parts breakdown is the same.
    I will try to send it to you if you still need it. PM me an email address if you want me to try. If it won't go that way I can mail it to you on a thumbdrive.
    also...
    I am trying to find what belt fits the varidrive but can't a good part number for it. the belt on my mill only lasted 20 hours or so and brokedown badly so I don't think it is the correct belt. If you can read the size or belt mfg and part number I sure need it.

I too need the comet manual.

It's a 1983 model 2V
    it has the numbers "2 10" on it.

Serial: 830071

Re: Need a Machine Manual for a Comet Milling Machine

Quote Originally Posted by oeffner View Post
    Hi
    I have a manual for Comet mills . Mine is a 1986 3kvhd bur the manual covers the 2s,2v 3v and 3kvhd series mills. ths difference is the hp of the motor and the ead drive the 2s is belt and pulleys and the v"s are vari belt drives. the file I have is jpeg scans of the paper manua land is 31meg. so I don't know if it will email or not.
    Before I got the manual I used a manual for the Bridgeport series 1 Jhead and the parts breakdown is the same.
    I will try to send it to you if you still need it. PM me an email address if you want me to try. If it won't go that way I can mail it to you on a thumbdrive.
    also...
    I am trying to find what belt fits the varidrive but can't a good part number for it. the belt on my mill only lasted 20 hours or so and brokedown badly so I don't think it is the correct belt. If you can read the size or belt mfg and part number I sure need it.

Not sure how current this thread is. I can accept a 31MB file and could use this manual as well. An alternative I could have you upload the file to my share file account.

Thank you,

Scott.

Same here: I am in need for the Comet manual, and willing to pay to get it.

Hi I'm also in need I picked up a 1986 / 1989 3 axis comet
    Vm model 1632 sn 990776 with a milltronics centurion IV version 39.4.26
    It's been a real headache for me I'm in need of a service manual specifically wiring diagrams for this CNC controller and the program software can you help me

Thank you
    Dave