585,975 active members*
5,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Citizen Experts

To all the citizen experts out there. When I am writing a program I want to tell the machine to only run back working if a part is present in the subcollet. Being that the collets are servo driven I am thinking this would be a simple IF#..............GOTO statement although I'm short on details. If anyone has any info on this it would be a HUGE help.
    Thanks

wORKS LIKE THIS

M15(CLOSE-COLLET)
    G4U3.(#953-WAIT FOR VARIABLE TO UPDATE, MAY VARY)
    #500=12(ACCEPTABLE-#953 GOOD CLAMPING VALUE)

IF[#953LT#500]GOTO953(COMPARE TO ACCEPTABLE VALUE)

M98H1 (RUN BACKWORK)

N953(JUMPED OVER BACKWORK FROM "IF")

You may need this in multiple locations depending on the configuration of your program. Examp. multiple sub programs.
    Note: Clamping pressure varies slightly so allow some learning time to get it correct and have a dump before pickoff to avoid a crash due to a part being in the spindle.

awesome!

thanks for the input.....what exactly is the 12 do you know?

??

would this work the same way on most citizen machines with a mitshubishi control?

add a question, if fanuc system like A20 etc, how to work. thank you

servo collet closers

The program for checking stock or part presence can only be done on machines that have the servo collet closers that supply feedback.The value of 12 is from the mc var# .That is what you have to look at when you do your set up to determine the number with a part and without one because that can vary from setup to setup.
    good luck

G-code is correct.
    You need to do your collet adjustment and then when it is where you need it to be, you go to the MC Var#953 for the sub spindle and see what value it gives you. Then check it again without a part in the spindle, open/close first, and pick a number between the two. You may get some false readings if you do not allow enough of a dwell!!!!!
    Yes this is for the Mitsubishi controled machines with servo chucks. The A20 is NOT a servo controled chuck. That is one reason it costs less than an L20.

I tried this on a m16 and m12's for a safety check on the main spindle and found that to get it to work so it doesn't alarm out everytime after running on continuous that at the beginning of the program I have to clamp, dwell for .5, un clamp dwell for .5, (not sure if the dwell are necessary) and re clamp then use IF[#952LT5.]GOTO. In testing I tried to exceed my dwell up to 6 seconds and made no difference still would do the GOTO. If anyone has any info on why it does this would love to know Thanks.

Block delete $1 and$ 2 g821 and g820 lines.. go in parameters and take off $1 single cycle start.