Am I the only person who finds Edgecam very frustrating to work with???

I have been using Edgecam for approximately 4 years now and I am quite a competent user.

Firstly, I would like to say that as a CAM package in general it is very good, flexible and has many options for machining, but it lets itself down in so many ways.

I can't begin to tell you the amount of time wasted trying to overcome bugs from the system.

When upgrading to a new version, the enhancements in turn seem to throw other functions out of sync. A few examples are below.

1.When using finish turn cycle in 2010 R1, when inside a groove it creates a lead move(5mm approx) which you cant get rid of.This causes fouling conditions that have to be amended manually after output(wireframe geom).
2. If certain components have been machined in a previous version,2009R2, then when opening it up in 2010R1 toolpaths change and cause a crash condition.- this only happens if say feed or rapid moves are used or certain lengths of lead in and outs on cycles(turning).
3. When roughing off of the solid it outputs a series of small lines instead of arcs even when NC Output smoothing is on and when doing the same cycle off of wireframe it outputs arcs??(milling)
4. Drawing package -When sectioning in a drawing they disappear when reopening and you cant get them back.
5.Drawing package-Cant dimension angles anymore in 2010 R1. The function .
6.We run Edgecam off of the server and generally have problems installing new versions, problems with tool stores etc.

This is just a few examples, and we are ready to load 2010 R2 and have started to find again, that some of the commands when opening a component created in a previous release are changing.

All of the above have been sent to Edgecam support and 'Have been forwarded to development and will be fixed in future release'.

As I say, this is unfortunate a very frustrating as it is a very good CAM package.

It would be interseting to hear peoples comments and share their frustrations as I am sure I am not the only one out there that is having these problems.