Ok, here was my original post a week ago in the general section:

Ok, I have a Matsuura MC1000VS2 Machine, with a 4th axis. I have used the machine flawlessly for about four years. I use the 4th axis three of four times a year, and it is off to the side other times. I went to hook it up recently, set my 7001 and 6023 parameters accordingly. Reset the machine, and now it alarms out with the fuse blowing on the 4th axis servo drive board. I started investigating by first tearing into the 4th axis servo DC motor. Brushes look good, no moisture, etc. I then looked into the thermal overload switch, it is good, and test ok. I then start to look at the cables, I ohmed out the cables, going to the 4th, and nothing is crossed, or shorted there. I then completly disconected the main power cable at the motor, in the 4th, only leaving the Thermal overload switch connected, so basicly no power wires going to the dc motor. It still alarms out. I then go and leave the encoder cable connected, at the machine, but dissconect the power cable, and just jumper across where the thermal overload switch is on those pins, to simulate the normaly closed situation of that, and it still alarms out with blowing the fuse on the 4th axis servo board. The alarm is 334.

Any ideas where to look next. So basicly I am ruling out that the 4th has anything to do with it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

So I am leaning torwards the drive being bad. BUT, I dont wanna spend money on another drive, if that is not it.

I am asking my question here, as I know this is a very knolagable part of the forum, as well as YASNAC, and FANUC are so close together, and share alot of the same parts.

Would you guys advise, that since the drives apear to be all the same with the part numbers CPCR-MR154k, on them, that they are all equal? I am thinking about putting the 4th axis drive on the x or Z or Y and see, if the drive works with those imputs, and outputs.

Can anyone give anymore suggestions on what else to try?

This is EXACLTY looking as my drive in my machine, with the CPCR-MR154K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330457922507

Notice only one blue imput cable at the top.

Now this drive also has the same cpcr-MR154K, but has TWO blue connectors at the top, to where the one in my machine only has one. But since they have the same number will it work in my application, with just the upper left one connected?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT