584,858 active members*
4,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > fadal 5020A cnc88hs

fadal 5020A cnc88hs

We have a Fadal 5020A CNC88HS. I load programs into the control through RS232. The programs load ok. They show up in the program directory. I can run them all day. After I power the machine down and power up the machine, a newly loaded program might be in the control it might not be. I always use the TA,1 command when I load. I have tried TA,1,2,1 and it makes no difference. Yesterday I loaded 8 programs into the control and ran graphics on all of them. Today none of them was still in memory. Currently there is one program in memory.
    There are many old program numbers in the directory (the programs have been deleted). I never figured thjat out either. If a program has been deleted, why is the number still in the directory?

tc26--
    The issue may be the version of the sofdtware module (1610). There were a couple of version that dropped programs. Have your serviceman investigate that.

Neal

memory

look on the cpu and see what version module is on it and post it,module is on the bottom right of the card.

I used the RI command and cleared all the old program numbers that had no programs from memory. I also looks like the programs that have been loaded from RS232 stay in memory.

memory

If it acts up again do a zero memory (not the same as RI) this will wipe out everything and works the best for correcting memory issues.look in the manual on the procedure,you will need to reenter parameters+backlash.

Thanks to all for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by tc26 View Post
    I used the RI command and cleared all the old program numbers that had no programs from memory. I also looks like the programs that have been loaded from RS232 stay in memory.
    Did you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    tc26--
    The issue may be the version of the sofdtware module (1610). There were a couple of version that dropped programs. Have your serviceman investigate that.

Neal
    I had one that would drop programs, mix them up (two "O" words in one programs!), and duplicate them (two programs with the same "O" words).

Sometimes it would run fine for a week or two then mess up. If you have one of these CPUs, nothing you can do will permanently fix it. Just FYI from someone who suffered for months before we figured the problem.

SBC--
    If the CPU is at fault and not the software then a replacement of the CPU is in oder. That will correct the issue.

Neal