585,982 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Lost main menu in BOB Cad/cam

Lost main menu in BOB Cad/cam

I have been using bobcad for about 6 months at work and home getting by ok
    until today. I opened on my laptop and plugged in my second monitor.
    Bob cad came up on the second monitor like usual but NO MAIN MENU. I have the icons, I can turn them on and off but I am use to using the Main menu which i usually drag to the workspace. It is no where to be found. How do I turn it back on? Please help!!

right clciking in the menu area will bring a popup with checkmarks for the menus.

Burrman, Thanks for the help! The missing menu was on a ghost screen. At work my second monitor is on the right side of the desk at home it is on the left. I always move bob cad back to the laptop screen before closing because it will come back to the second monitor even when there is none. Well i have been using my main menu undocked and placing it in my workspace close to where i am working. when i closed the software and saved friday at work the undocked window was on my right screen. Bob cad put it back to the right of my display even though i had setup my screens before opening bobcad. I even tried "duplicate" displays and it could not be found. The answer was to shutdown and bring up laptop and set second display to the right instead of the left and there was the missing window. Moved it back to the center (laptop)
    SAVED THE FILE and restarted again with the second screen on the left. a wasted day and along night ahead!! thanks again,

Loren Begly,
    Sunny Lea CNC

Buwahahaha! The ole "Ghost monitor trick!!!" That was a tuff pill for you to get...A horse pill... glad you're up and running.

Change the display to 16 bit.
    Wayne Hill