585,605 active members*
3,136 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Mori SH-400 Alarms 7147, 7102, 401, 410

Exclamation Mori SH-400 Alarms 7147, 7102, 401, 410

Hello all,

Today while running a proven production run where we do some intermitent contour cuts I started to get a series of alarms, always on the same tool, always after the first intermitent cut.

7147 spn1: pos-coder signal abnormal
    7102 spn1: ex speed error
    401 Servo Alarm : B axis VRDY OFF
    401 Servo Alarm : Z axis VRDY OFF
    401 Servo Alarm : Y axis VRDY OFF
    401 Servo Alarm : X axis VRDY OFF
    410 Servo Alarm : W Axis excess err (No W axis on machine unless its another reference to Z)

The only one actually showing up on the msg screen when it alarms out is the 7147 error, the others are only showing on alarm history page.

Fanuc18 controller

So far reducing the speeds/feeds by 50% avoids the error. however this is several runs later, and we've had no previous history of this alarm on the machine.

I tried searching the forums for answers but I was unable to find any reference to alarm 7147.

Has anyone here had similar problems show up?

I appreciate any help or suggestions you have to offer.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

You do have a W axis, you just don't know it. It's the pallet changer. That alarm occurs if the W is not centered correctly when the pallet goes down to clamp. Other causes is vise handles left in during pallet change. Watch the tool change to see if the tool is going in smooth. Z axis is the most likely axis to be crashed and will affect the APC (w). If it has moved get someone there ASAP to re-align. You don't want to break a cam bearing on the ATC, trust me.

No alarm book here, but the W is controlled by a power mate, so thats probably a power mate alarm.

underthetire : thank you for your quick reply.

the only confusion for me then, is these are only there when I am getting the 7147 spn1: pos-coder signal abnormal alarm. I watched during pallet changes, everything appears to be normal. we are running with fixtures bolted directly to the tombstones.

Would it be possible that the clamping is not right on the APC so under intermittent cutting it has moved? there are 8 tools in the program, and this is the only one causing us problems ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiearlacha View Post
    underthetire : thank you for your quick reply.

the only confusion for me then, is these are only there when I am getting the 7147 spn1: pos-coder signal abnormal alarm. I watched during pallet changes, everything appears to be normal. we are running with fixtures bolted directly to the tombstones.

Would it be possible that the clamping is not right on the APC so under intermittent cutting it has moved? there are 8 tools in the program, and this is the only one causing us problems ATM.
    Ah, a discription with that alarm. The built in sensor on the spindle itself is causing all of those alarms. You may need to have the sensor ring checked for run-out, or have the sensor adjusted or replaced. A bad spindle will also create that alarm if it has too much bearing run out. The rear bearing will control most of it and sometimes the rear bearing only can be changed.