584,841 active members*
4,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry 4x4 Apc machine

I recently purchased A 4x4 APC machine from ez-router , I had nothing but trouble with it ,first all the programming was not with the machine or not correct after 2 weeks finally got someone out to look at the machine and put new programming on it and get it running. Machine still does not operate properly highly dissappointed with machine and service , would not purchase if I could go back in time.Received no operating or trouble shooting manual , so I'm operating blind . Can any one tell me how to set up the size of the part I want to cut ,Thanks.

It would help if we knew what you are using for software and whether you are using a router or plasma. I will assume here that you are using plasma with Sheetcam and Mach 3. Niether of these will scale your work for you. You need to do that in whatever software you are using to draw you part with.

Angry 4x4 apc

I am using cut2d , sheetcam and mach as my programs that is what come with my wachine . Thanks for any help.

1. Draw/scale 1:1 in Cut2D ( or any program that allows drawing in vectors and exporting in DXF or SVG) A freebe is Inkscape.
    2. Import to SheetCAM. Put it on the table in SheetCAM where you want it to cut. You can grab the whole part and move it around. Select "contours" you want to cut the same way (inside or outside kerf) and put group them together on a named "layer". Setup processes using the named layers and apply a tool (plasma tool) and specify if you want lead-ins and what kind/size. Cut each layer in a separate process. Make sure you have the right POST processor selected (they should have provided that) and hit the "P" button. It will prompt you to name and put the processed (G-code) file into a spot of your choice
    3. Open the named G-code file in MACH. Use the MACH toolpath window to confirm it's what you want. Sizing is not done in MACH or SheetCAM. Positioning on the material is done in SheetCAM. Moving the torch where you told it to in SheetCAM is done by MACH.

There is a pretty good tutorial for SsheetCAM in the program but remember none of these programs are exclusively for just plasma cutting. It all depends on what you do in SheetCAM as to the way it cuts. SheetCAM has more advanced features that lets you place (nest) and cut more than one of the same or even different parts on the same sheet.

Most lower cost table vendors have options for training but it's not part of the price. If a customer elects not to be trained the assumption is they know how to generate files to cut. It's kinda like driving to the airport and buying an airplane. The seller assumes you know how to fly or you will get training to do so. It's one thing to be able to drive the machine (as an operator) it's another entirely to be able to generate files for the machine to cut.

TOM caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Thanks ,Torchhead.

PARM, Just wondering how you are getting along with your machine? I have a ez 5by 10 and have had good luck with it. I have another friend that has your same machine and has had no problems that I know of.It's been a big learning curve for a guy who has been in the construction most of his life. His hardest part was the computer,sheet cam and mach 3, I know it was overwhelming for me when I first opened the box. When I seen ez's new red table my first thought was it was not built in house,just my 2 cents. The other two things that help me was corel draw and corel dxf tool. HAPPY CUTTING,,,,,CURLY

curlyweld

its ruuning better but still no info are help from ezrouter , my main problem is how to change the size of what i want to cut i am using cut 2d ,sheetcam ,and mach 3 with the dxf files that came with the machine.

the table is built in house i toured the plant before i purchased the machine

Parm, I don't know about cut 2d but corel draw with the dxf tool is a lot eaiser the the bobcad program I was trying to operate with,that also was the cad program that came from ez.I learned most of my corel draw from u tube. You should take a look. GOOD LUCK,,,,,,,,,CURLY

Quote Originally Posted by Parm473 View Post
    its ruuning better but still no info are help from ezrouter , my main problem is how to change the size of what i want to cut i am using cut 2d ,sheetcam ,and mach 3 with the dxf files that came with the machine.
    You cannot resize (scale) in SheetCAM (only move and duplicate)
    You cannot (easily) resize in MACH

I know Cut2D comes with a manual and probably a tutorial. Might be worth your effort to use it to learn the basics. Scaling of vector objects (changing the size) is a base part of any vector drawing or editing program.

Parm473, we have no problems running through any issues over the phone with you. We were unaware that you were having any problems with the machine at all after we sent a technician to your facility. Please give us a call and i would be glad to assist you.

Thanks,
    Jacob

I have an ez router 4x4 apc plasma machine i have no problems cutting .125 mat i'm trying to set up to cut .187 mat the machine has a miller spectrum 375 plasma torch that i'm using its not cutting all the way through the mat in spots and is leaving alot of slag when it does cut through, anyone have suggestions on amps ,tip volts, and speed i should be using thanks

Have you adjusted the Tip Volts on the Torch Height Controlller? You should give our technial support team a call at 903-569-3190.

I have an ez router 4x4 apc plasma machine i have no problems cutting .125 mat i'm trying to set up to cut .187 mat the machine has a miller spectrum 375 plasma torch that i'm using its not cutting all the way through the mat in spots and is leaving alot of slag when it does cut through, anyone have suggestions on amps ,tip volts, and speed i should be using thanks
    Your user manual for the Miller Spectrum 375 should have charts listed to give you a basic guideline of input parameters needed to cut 3/16" plate. I don't know the exact model number you have (there are a few listed for the 375), but using page 21 in this user's manual: http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o225216g_mil.pdf

I come up with the following:

40 inches/minute @ 27 amps

or

26 inches/minute @ 20 amps

Re: 4x4 Apc machine

Hello TOM caudle
    www.CandCNC.com
    I like your straightforward form to most all questions your answering. There are so many Per-amateur’s of setting up a machine, Sheetcam, and then Mach3
    To be-able to plug-in and play.
    All my experience is the Artsoft video’s and other’s are just basic and in no why able to assist in getting a machine up and operating and cutting.
    Are there any webinars available to go onto and get assistance.