584,861 active members*
5,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Just had to share....

Just had to share....

I saw the other thread about wanting people with negative comments to make about Novakon and just had to start this thread to show my support for Novakon and the people there.

I have had my NM-135 for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about my experience, I had a few teething problems but Khai and others at Novakon came to my rescue and got me through them. Now my mill is making chips and I am happy I bought my machine.

As a complete noob to these machines I had a lot to learn and have emailed Khai on numerous occasions and he has always answered quickly and either had the answer or got me an answer very quickly.

I haven't had the pleasure of contacting Rodney yet as my machine is working flawlessly and needs nothing in the way of tech support.

I just wanted to start this thread so that anyone thinking of buying one of these machines would be able to see that Novakon is not the bad company that they are being portrayed as.

Please respect the nature of this thread as it was intended.

I had thought our spam buddy (who posted in the other thread, for future viewers) had disappeared for good. Now that he's back I just put him on ignore. Life's too short to get riled up over a vengeful a.h. who's too incompetent to get a spindle running in over a year.

Yeah at first I would have helped with this guy idesign, but after his continuing spam agenda, its obvious no one here will probably help him either. If this is the same manner in which he approached Novakon after his 1 year warranty expired I would have shut the door on him too.

After reading his poorly written website, I was totally confused on anything he was trying to say. But after he walked around the questions I asked several times I made my own conclusion that he was probably someone that screwed up the machine in the first place by not following directions and then waited forever to try and warranty it.

I mean seriously if your wad of cash was on fire, wouldn't you put the fire out, or would you wait till it was burned and complain about it ............

Which my NM 200 has been running great. Yes I've had a few hiccups here and there with it. But nothing that couldn't be fixed. And mostly were software errors.

Novakon has been excellent to respond to anything I have called or emailed on. While I don't always get the answer to fix my problem, I don't expect anyone to be able to fix something 100% because everyone is human and no one is perfect, let alone when your not in person and only going over the phone or email for support.

A+ to Novakon and its machine in my book.

my nm145 was just delivered. yay!

ill make a thread about it later tonight with pics. gotta get help to put it in its space. wasnt expecting it til tomorrow.

im going to do a partial disasemble for cleaning, but nothing extensive. just covers and such.

Cool, I wouldnt mind having one of the NM145's as an extra machine. But right now at 4 cnc's and 2 manual machines, I am stuck for room....

Can't wait to see pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by g29cc View Post
    Cool, I wouldnt mind having one of the NM145's as an extra machine. But right now at 4 cnc's and 2 manual machines, I am stuck for room....

Can't wait to see pictures.
    Where IS the "IGNORE" button?!

its in your user control panel somewhere. kinda burried.

You know, there are a lot of talented and brilliant people on this forum that can help this guy instead of all the speculation. I personally would like to see his machine up and running instead of sniping at why it’s not or how he screwed up.

This is a forum. It means "A public meeting place for open discussion”. This guy had a bad experience with Novakon. He is still having a bad experience with Novakon. You might think he’s brought this on himself, maybe he has, to some degree, but what difference does that make? Yea, hit the ignore button, but do you really think Novakon should also ignore him just because his machine is out of warranty?

When I buy a capitol item, from anyone, I expect to be sold that item, working, with all the stuff I ordered and, when it’s out of warranty, I would expect to get service and parts regardless of my history or attitude.

I’m sure Khai doesn’t like dealing with me ether but he does. It’s business. My money is the same color as anyone else’s. If I wanted a carburetor for my 1999 Chevy, would the dealer ask me if I was an ******* before they decide to sell me the carb?

I don’t know what all this guy wants, but it would make more sense to get him taken care of and out of my hair, than to ignore him. That (in my opinion) would be a positive business decision by Novakon and on this forum.

-Greg
    "If Necessity is the Mother of Invention, then Who's the Father?"

Quote Originally Posted by gleas View Post

I don’t know what all this guy wants, but it would make more sense to get him taken care of and out of my hair, than to ignore him. That (in my opinion) would be a positive business decision by Novakon and on this forum.

-Greg
    novakon would love to help him, and so would the people here, but after all the posting, nobody has managed to get him to detail what exactly is wrong. we have a vague idea its in the controller, but thats about it.

anyhoo.

gleas,

If the dealer sold you a carburetor for your 1999 Chevy he screwed you as they had fuel injection then.

In business you learn that there are some people who have problems and you can help with and there are some people regardless of how you help they will complain and belittle your efforts and offerings.

I ve been in business long enough to know that this is one of those people. Instead of coming on the forum with an agenda to try and single handily destroy Novakon's growing and expanding company, he could have simply come on here and asked for help. But instead his intent was never to get help ( come on now we're all not two years old and can see through his antics and ploys ) but to try and sneak in rude and condescending comments.

There is a point where you complain about service, but move on. Do you want it fixed or not ? If Novakon is offering a brand new upgraded machine for the cost of shipping, wouldn't you take that instead ? Wouldn't something be better then nothing. This guy has to really grow up and understand that the world doesn't revolve around him. People make mistakes , products don't work , the world is unfair. That's unconscious knowledge. Its a given. Its how you work to make your part of the world better.

If all you want to do is complain and down grade someone or something, then that is fine. But like my mother, I hope yours too, always said" If you don't have something nice to say, then keep it to yourself ".

Come on here, voice a complaint, once, heck maybe twice, but not make 40 out of 43 posts your offering of your background and information to this forum as your contribution.

I don't want to hear it, I don't want to sift through it and I am sure 99% of everyone else on here doesn't want to either.

Like I said, make one post. That is sufficient to say what you have to say. But to continually interject in to other people's posts and spew garbage.

How about his sherline revival post from 2007, just to interject "read about my Novakon experience......." Or how about reviving a 2009 thread about a machine, again just to say I junk this , garbage that. He is beyond reaching here, to being down right rude to us as forum members.

That is the kind of guy we are supposed to help ? Someone that acts like a child and cry's about everything. Stuff happens , you deal with it and make the best you can out of it.

Don't come on here and ask for help , only to spit in our eye. That's the way I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gleas View Post
    Yea, hit the ignore button, but do you really think Novakon should also ignore him just because his machine is out of warranty?

I wanted to answer this part of your post by itself.

Novakon in my eyes is playing their cards correctly. They as a business should NOT come on here and discuss matters in an open public forum that have no pertinence to anyone but Perry ( idesign ) and Novakon. There is no need to bring this matter public for everyone to see , as it does not involve everyone.

Have you read a warranty before? They are basically rules and regulations you must follow in order for the company to fix, replace or refund in cases of improper products or services. If you fall outside the warranty is a company liable for the product ? If you use a product in a way it was not designed and broke it , are they liable? If you decide not to follow through with getting a product fixed , is that their responsibility ?

Seriously now, do you think that in close 2 years that you wouldn't have taken the serious time to get this rectified be either means of a legal battle or simply contacting them?

I ve read his website and its so full of loop holes. He admits to letting it sit and working on other things. That's not Novakon's fault, that's his problem.

Bottom line. Novakon offered his a upgraded replacement unit for the cost of shipping. I think that is a very fair offer in my eyes, because Novakon doesn't know what this guy did to the machine and why he can't seem to operate it. This could all boil down to he broke something and is trying to scam Novakon.

How do you know Novakon is ignoring him ? By taking his word for it ?

-Greg

Good point on that 1999 Chevy Carb.

-Greg
    "If Necessity is the Mother of Invention, then Who's the Father?"

Well I am glad to see others took this thread as I had intended, and to see others with some positive things to say about Novakon.