584,846 active members*
4,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > CATIA Prismatic Machining question

CATIA Prismatic Machining question

I have a question regarding the 3-axis Machining aspect of CATIA V5, I am posting in both the CAD and CAM forums in hopes that someone can help me.

I have figured out how to work the CAM functions and everything works except there is 1 issue. At the end of a tool path if I do not add in a tool change the cutter goes straight to the start of the next path, it does not pickup and move over. This is a problem because it cuts through the part instead of clearing it.

How do I setup the system to do a vertical rapid to home or at least to a plane above the part so this does not happen?
    Stuff i can use: AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD Inventor 2010, Solidworks 2009, MasterCAM X2/X4, CNC's FADAL, and Hurco 3-axis CNC Mill

Quote Originally Posted by bigalexe View Post
    I have a question regarding the 3-axis Machining aspect of CATIA V5, I am posting in both the CAD and CAM forums in hopes that someone can help me.

I have figured out how to work the CAM functions and everything works except there is 1 issue. At the end of a tool path if I do not add in a tool change the cutter goes straight to the start of the next path, it does not pickup and move over. This is a problem because it cuts through the part instead of clearing it.

How do I setup the system to do a vertical rapid to home or at least to a plane above the part so this does not happen?
    You need to use the 'Macros' in the tool set-up.

Joe T.