585,717 active members*
3,934 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: X3 troubles

X3 troubles

I was running my cnc'd X3 today and accidently hit the E-stop up by the motor. I went to reset the switch, and apparently the nut had backed off of the switch body, anyway, the switch pulled out enough that the terminals shorted on the case.

It faults out now when I turn the spindle on. I checked the fuse but it was good ofcourse. I was too pissed off to do any further checking, I've already had to buy a replacement circuit board once when the motor control failed, and they weren't cheap. I just know I will have to buy another one.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a chance something else failed that can be fixed without replacing the whole board?

www.steelplinkers.com

Get in touch with John Gerling. He repairs DC controllers for asian minis. And he´s honest, he´ll tell you how to measure if it´s just a small bug or if more is wrong and if he can fix it. Great guy.

http://www.mini-lathe.com/Controller...ir/Gerling.htm

In case it is just the switch, you (or someone else familiar with high voltage) can bridge it for now. The emergency stop is just a solenoid/circuit breaker that connects or disconnects power to the drive board. Be careful, both the cables and the PCB of the DC drive are at line level.
    There should be a cable plan in the manual.

Cheers,
    Johann