585,758 active members*
4,369 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NCPlot v2.20 beta 9 now available

These beta versions are for testing only and are intended to help us work out problems before updates are released. To download, go to www.ncplot.com and click the NCPlot v2 link.

NCPlot v2.20 BETA 9 Release Notes
    September 4, 2010

Updated the Help file for v2.20. This is still a work in progress, so if you have any suggestions for additions or changes please let us know.

Fixed the bug in the default script folder setting.

Fixed the Script Timeout setting on the Preferences dialog. This setting is supposed to be in seconds, but was in milliseconds.

Fixed a problem when using the Machinist Toolbox to send code back to NCPlot.

Added a file comparison tool. You can access this tool via the menu "File / Compare files" and also the new toolbar button on the "Edit" toolbar.

Added two new menu items to the "View" menu. These are "Set as Reference" and "Clear Reference" which allow you to set the current backplot as the background drawing. This allows you to easily compare two backplots by using one as a background image.

Added a new arc tool called "Break arcs at quadrants" which will break any arc command that passes through one of the four quadrants. The arcs are broken into up to 3 additional commands of up to 90 degrees each.

Added a new tool called "Break lines into segments" which will break any linear motion into shorter movement segments.

Added a new address translation tool called "Address calculator". This tool lets you create custom translations by allowing calculations to be performed on address values. For each block in the file the address values are loaded into local variables and one or more calculations can be performed using these values. The values in the block can be updated or even removed. For more info, please see the help file.

Added a license manager settings window that can be used to specify the network IP address of the license server. This is helpful when automatic server detection fails or cannot be used on your network.

Thanks,
    Scott

Error No 727

Hi Scott,
    I just got the new Beta, like the file compare tool, nice work. Just found a little bug when opening files. How i work is, in explorer i use the file types context menu to open a file. I.E. i right click the file then select Ncplot, i believe this is the same as dragging file onto shortcut, which also produces the same error. It says
    Error No727
    There is already a control with the name 'UndoTimer_rtPgm'

This does NOT happen if i run Ncplot first then drag a file onto the app window.
    Thanks
    Keith.

Hi Keith,

I did fix this for the release of v2.20, which is available now.

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott ,
    I found two errors that happen only if I load through windows open with interface (setting to open with double click)
    They do not happen if I open file though File\Open File or File\ Open Recent File

First is
    Unexpected error No 727
    There is already a control with the name ‘undoTimer_rtPgm’

Second is
    After clicking on viewport
    Error Runtime Error ‘91’
    Object Variable or with block variable not set
    (i guess you fixed these )

Then NcPlot will locked up. In the task manager it shows NcPlot using 50% processor (does it collect an error dump to send?) if so then processor use is understandable if not might be an error there too. I do not have internet on the computer I’m running NcPlot on so I have just forced end task

I’ve noticed that in several previous beta releases that upon fresh install (uninstall and then reinstall) there is a delay in loading and plotting when using windows open with interface that goes away after a while (opening 15 or 20 file)
    Being that these two errors and the delay only happen if I load this way they might be related

I also notice in customizing the keyboard shortcuts that if I use a shortcut that is already in use that the toolbars shift and move there position (example assigning Alt+W which is a default in NCPlot to anything else will cause this)

Jump to Top and Jump to Bottom do not show there new customized keyboard shortcut in the dropdown menu as all others do, but there assigned shortcuts do work fine

Now for so good feed back
    Full address now shows (LOOKS GOOD)
    Your added compare feature looks interesting I can see how this will be useful

Keep up the good work I look forward to your next release

Pat