I've been reading a lot of threads and trying to solve an issue I have and this seemed the most appropriate place to post. The quill/spindle on my G0704 is getting insanely hot, particularly the lower section where the bottom angular contact goes. I pulled it apart and the bearings didn't feel great, so bought some new ones on eBay and installed them today. Everything is still getting wicked hot, I measured 170+ F on the bottom of the quill (big part that doesn't retract into the head), and that was after a long break in process and even taking it apart multiple times and trying different combinations of slight preload change and amount of grease (can't really change anything else it seems). Is there a spec for the preload nut? I get it snug with the bearing and then tighten it barely a hair more since I can't find anything of what or how to preload it the correct amount. I'm using the same 32005X and 32007X bearings that came on the machine (albeit a different manufacturer, still Chinese though) and some multi-purpose Lucas Oil grease that I run in the wheel bearings of my truck. I saw far back that Hoss said 140F wasn't bad for normal running conditions, and higher for break in. Am I just being paranoid, and maybe the original bearings were even fine? Having the quill get so hot I can barely have my hand on it for more than a second or two after running 5 minutes at 2000rpm unloaded doesn't seem normal, especially since most people report temperatures in the low 100s or even sub-100. Really not sure what to do now or how to proceed... Thanks.