585,996 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Failure on Fanuc 15M control system I Need help

Failure on Fanuc 15M control system I Need help

!
    My milling machine equiped with fanuc 15m system,It doesn't boot up , there is 4 segment red led display on Base-0 board the led-1 in this board lights up as soon as machine starts and stays unchanged. In the manual the error message is fault in F-Bus or fault in one of modules on board. I have changed the modules and Base-0 too but no result the led-1 is still on . Can anybody give advise or instruct how to find the failure?
    Thanks in advance

What is the part number of your Base 0 board?

It is usually a A16B=2200 number.

Greg

Hi Greg
    It is A16B-2200-0120/07C BASE 0

Ok, do you have any other LED's on?

Greg

There are other green leds on but not red

Ok good, What is your configuration like? How many slots? Can you tell me the part numbers of the boards?

Which LED's are green?

Watch the Base0, Base 1 and Base2 board closely as the system comes up, tell me what happens.

Have you checked voltages in both the I/O and the mainboard chassis?

What does the screen show while it starts?

Greg

reply to Greg needed data

Greg Thanks for your post , hereunder is answers to your questions.

1- main Board Chassis and mounted cards with their part or designation Number plus the signal situation on each board depicted in attached file(2pages PDF file)
    2- voltage was checked in main board there are 3 pin high- low - test
    voltage between High and low is 10 v and between low and test is 5 v

3- screen after starting , checks graphic card very fast ( if we care fully look , can see checking some slots which is not possible to verify the slot numbers due to its speed )and stays black without any thing in it.

4- In Base 0 from the beginning four green led and led_1 in red is on.

5- In Base 2 the green and red leds changes and first only one green led stays on which I have marked it by first in attached file, but after a while it changes to 3 green leds on as I have shown.

6- Base 1 with 3 green leds and Graphic Board with 2 green leds as shown in attached file.

There are explanation in service manual depending on each card as follows:

For Base 0 ALL ON (4 green leds on) :Base 2 without SUB CPU is mounted,or SUB CPU of Base2 with SUB CPU is not operating. 1 Red led on- Led_1 : Malfunction in one of modules ( on F-BUS or Axis BUS)

For Base 1 LED-E 3 green leds on : An error has occurred within BASE 1 PCB, BUS ERR,ADD ERR ,ILL INST ,ZERO DIV ,PMC RAM board.

For Base 2 LED_SD 4 green leds on : System error ( stack over flow) for situation which only one green led is on as marked 'first ' no explanation in service manual.

For Graphic Card with 2 green leds on : An encorrect graphic command has been detected.

I hope have been able to illustrate exactly what you need to enable you find the cause.

Thanks mehdiF
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there, sorry for the delay. I've been trying to diagnose your problem, plus being busy working in the shop.

Your power sounds fine.

Do you have a 9" or 14" CRT/MDI? Operator panel?

Can you take some pictures of your start up screens while it's booting?

I'm working on your Base1 and Base2 errors.

Are you using a M or a T configuration? Do you have FAPT?

How many axes do you have running & connected?

Do you have the sub CPU's, if so which ones?

I see you have the A16B-1212-0340 and -0350 TC CPU's.

Greg

Hi Greg
    Thanks for reply
    The configuration is M and using 14" monitor.
    The monitor in boot up is black , some writings goes very fast I can't take picture ,any picture will show up black background.
    I have taken out the TC boards and started up No difference.
    Machine uses 3 axis Board. Except TC boards I have replaced all boards with the spare ones no difference , only my Base1 spare Board didn't have EPROM and I copied the old Board's EPROM for it. Say all boards have been changed even power supply.
    Is it possible we lose data on EPROMs? Machine is made 1992.
    The failure happened while machine was running then it stopped during machining , operator started again it worked for a while then stopped he repeated and after three or four time working , machine didn't boot up. In fact the computer doesn't come up we don't reach to the file loading point.
    It is some how strange to me even if we consider that the spare board may have problem why the same thing and same failure shows up?
    we don't have FAPT.
    mehdif

I think you really have a Base1 board problem. But Base2 could be involved somewhere too.

What system software are you running?

Have you had other problems before this?

Did you just switch the EPROM's from board to board or did you copy them?

Do you have any SubCPU's on your boards?

Which cassettes do you have attached to the boards?

Did you check battery voltages and all liquid (oil & coolant) levels in the machine?

Have you been able to see the DIAG page?

Greg
    What do you mean by system software? It is fanuc software running on machine . Can you explain?
    No I didn't have other problems.
    First I switched the EPROMs board to board no result. then I bought the cheaps and copied on them. and checked again no result.
    I should check for subcpu on boards will inform you later.
    we have cassette attached to the Base 1 I will write its name later on. but the system without cassette should run and reach to point asking for file (IPL). and I removed the cassette no difference.
    Battery is ok ,as soon as we disconnect the battery a red led lights up on Base 0 so its working.
    If we be able to pass the system boot up and the cassette be loaded to machine then we will be able to have monitor showing up DIAG page, our system doesn't come up.The problem is in system computer (base0.base1.base2).
    mehdif

Depending on which BMI interface you're running the 15 on, you should see the system version next to the F15MA, F15MF, etc. on the screen at boot up, or on the screen that shows IPL.

Sub CPU's should be small boards attached to the seperate boards. I forget which ones right off hand since there are several versions of the control.

I still think it's in Base1 or Base2.

Since the system does not come up, I'm not really sure. A bit of a puzzle yet.. but I'm still examining your configuration.

What was the state of the machine side while you (the operator) had first realized this problem.

system software should be 15MA. as I remember.
    we don't have any small board attached to base1 or base2. there is only small memory boards on base0.

Well,that's the type or model of the control. The ROM version should be a 4 digit number next to that and sometimes has a letter say something like 1315F

Do you run AC or DC servos? what

I can't tell if you lost EPROM data. But I can't figure out why the system is not coming up.

It would be better if you could record some video of the startup / booting process and screens.

Do you have an I/O unit? Something like a A03B-0801-C*** part number.

What servos do you have?

Keeping Keys (-,.) and starting up following is on monitor:

F15M14 IT12G
    ROM ROM TEST:END
    SERVO SERVO ROM TEST: END
    SLOT 03 (0222):

and it remains unchanged

Your software is a custom version by FANUC.

Do you have servo amplifiers or VCU?

I'm trying to figure out Slot 3. But testing reveals you do have problems on the Base1 and Base2 boards.

Greg