584,866 active members*
5,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 8HC Parameters lost (Fanuc OT)

Exclamation Puma 8HC Parameters lost (Fanuc OT)

We've already contacted our local dealer, but we're waiting to hear back from them. If anybody has one of these machines, we'd sure love to get our hands on a copy of the parameters!

Our machine is a 1994 Fanuc OT control. Thank you!

How did you go ?
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Mr. Rogo
    Is your PUMA 8HC machine a 3 axis or the standard 2 axis. My company is the authorized service center for Daewoo and DOOSAN machines here in the Philippines and we may be able to help.

Puma 8HC--3A Parameter

Hi rogo,
    Just inform us how we can send the parameter sheet to you.I just acquired a Daewoo Puma 8HC-3A complete with all the data sheets and its now partially running except the spindle motor which when commanded by either MO3,MO4 or by manual spindle start, the spindle board issues an ALARM 31.Do you have particular experience re this alarm.Fanuc says its more on the SENSOR side either by adjusting or it might need replacement.Sad thing is there s no available replacement from Fanuc or other suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by DFC Multitech View Post
    Hi rogo,
    Just inform us how we can send the parameter sheet to you.I just acquired a Daewoo Puma 8HC-3A complete with all the data sheets and its now partially running except the spindle motor which when commanded by either MO3,MO4 or by manual spindle start, the spindle board issues an ALARM 31.Do you have particular experience re this alarm.Fanuc says its more on the SENSOR side either by adjusting or it might need replacement.Sad thing is there s no available replacement from Fanuc or other suppliers.
    These machine spindles have an external position coder
    Fanuc PN: A86L-0026-0001#102
    This have been replaced by
    Fanuc PN: A860-0309-T302

I am still not fully convinced that the sensor is the problem with my Puma 8HC-3A. Its now rotating normally when going to reference position to C axis and manual indexing at C axis. Still same alarm occurs when either the main spindle or the rotating tool is commanded by either MO3 MO4 or by manual speed command.

When you spin the spindle manually is the spindle speed fed back to the control ?

I.E. does it show on the screen?

I think the C-Axis is controlled by the sensor outside the spindle motor. and the M03/M04 uses the feedback from the internal motor sensor.

You need to check the JY2 cable to the motor and sensor inside the motor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc OT Spindle Feedback Block Diagram.png  

FANUC Advised that the original setting of the option parameters (parameters 900.....) should be installed with the machine.I do not have the original data for the option parameters only the standard parameters.My machine is a Daewoo Puma 8HC-3A model year 1996--1997 running with Fanuc OT-C Alpha series SOFTWARE VERSION 669.Please help.

In you panel there should be a book and in that book there should be a cd/floppy/memory card, something with the original machine parameters in it. Did you buy the machine new, or aquire it used?

Quote Originally Posted by DFC Multitech View Post
    FANUC Advised that the original setting of the option parameters (parameters 900.....) should be installed with the machine.I do not have the original data for the option parameters only the standard parameters.My machine is a Daewoo Puma 8HC-3A model year 1996--1997 running with Fanuc OT-C Alpha series SOFTWARE VERSION 669.Please help.
    Ask Doosan....