585,996 active members*
4,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mikinimech > Mikini troubleshoot (spindle suddenly stops)

Mikini troubleshoot (spindle suddenly stops)

Hello my friends, I own a used Mikini 1610L (model 2008 "demo") and I would like to share experiences with you.
    I have had many troubles, in fact I still have (I would like to number all of them)...
    In details:
    1) The spindle stops, while drilling cycles (definitely not overload), sometimes it doesn't even rotates when I press the panel board button or use Mach 3, I have to turn off the machine then turn it on but having the PC on, that is how I temporary fix the problem and start to work.

Most of the times it stops but XYZ axes are still moving.

Have anyone happened?......

I have no idea but I imagine if you call Phil at Mikinimech he will help you.

Hello;
    I have called Phil, he says the problem is caused because of an overload to the spindle.
    But that is not my case, I am not cutting too deep nor fast.
    Has this happened to you?

Well no it hasn't because I don't own a Mikini machine yet but I hope you get it resolved.

Are you getting a spindle halt error on the manual control and have to shut down and reboot to resume?

For example:
    I start a peck drillning operation:
    Cobalt drill
    Diam: 1/4 "
    Speed: 917 rpm
    Feed speed: 25 mm/min
    Peck drill : 1 mm
    Hole dept: 23 mm

This conditions are not too high to stop the spindle.
    The machine starts drilling moving Z axis up and down, then... the spindle stopsbut Z axis doesn't stop.
    I turn on manually the spindle using the the control board but nothing happens.
    I use Mach 3 to turn on the spindle but it doesn't work.
    If I want to turn on the spindle and resume the job I have to turn off the machine, then turn it on with the PC on, to use the spindle again.

The other problem is about the spindle real spindle speed and Mach 3 display speed, at low speeds <1000 rpm they are not equal.
    Mach 3 displays 1000rpm and the control displays 800rpm.

Have you experienced this problem?

before I answer I want to know if you hear any alarm noise from when the spindle halts. Look at the manual control and see if there is a spindle halt flashing? Is the red light bulb illuminated on the light tree?
    Do you have the integrated control or using your own PC?

I have had some problems with Mach3 and the Mikini but I would like to know if you problem is identical to mine.

I have the integrated controller from mikini, when it happens the alarm doesn't make noise and it does not active the e-stop, I got a problem when I imported the machine, the light tree got broken during the shipping but I will repear it soon (only the red light works), this light doesn't turn on either when the spindle stops.
    Is simple.... it just turns off, Niether Mach 3 nor the machine control give any alarm or know that it happened, indeed, the rpm display shows that is running!
    Is your problem similar to mine?

What are you drilling? If your drilling aluminum run that drill 3000, if steel run it 2000 assuming you are running coolant.

Nope, that is not like the problem I had. The spindle motor has a sensor on top of it and it just needed a slight adjustment.

Sounds like you might have a loose connection somewhere.

This was the conclusion a friend gave me.
    Because my machine is used I have to check the wiring, most of the problems I have had a related to them.
    My friend is an electronics engineer and have some experience in CNC repairs, I will post the info when I fully check the cause of this problem because definiely it is a headache.
    HoweCNC when your spindle halts, don't you have to reset the machine again?

2000 rpm for tool steel is to high don't you think?
    I am using cobalt drills.

Yes when my spindle halts I have to reset the machine again. I have this problem resolved unless I put too much load a tool.

hi

Did you get this sorted, my friend is haveig a similat problem.

his macheen is this eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

the sparce info he did recive is in chinglish, with no settings for the spindle.