585,670 active members*
4,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fusion mazak mill

This is our 1st attempt to use gcode in our mazak mill. We finally got it loaded in
    and checking out the program.
    1. For eia programming we find the only way we can put it in is if we go thru windows and load it. We cant load it in thru data IO.

2nd. question is can you do a restart we keep getting a 132 error feedrate zero so we set the manual feedrate iw what the book tells us abut can only set it to one setting slow then we get it to go but way to slow. We are just checking the program out right now so trying to speed thru it.

3rd. Do we offset our tools differently in a different window.

I have called applications 3 times in the last 2 days and only get answering machines.

I know a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

That is why the control is called "ConFUSION 640!" I have always believed that if you don't own 15 Mazaks, tech support or service is not there to help you. However, if you are Weatherford or some major company, you probably get donuts every week or two.

I feel for your aggrivation. That is why Mazaks make great boat anchors.

1. What is your program format when loading? Can you freely load Mazatrol programs? What alarms if any are you getting? What type of communication?

2. Restart in EIA is similar to Fanuc. If it never "sees" a feedrate, it won't feed. (of course fanucs will rapid, or whatever the machine default is at). I don't use block numbers in programs (except at the tool change) so I don't use 'restart'. I do use the 'restart non-modal' though. (F69 and F70 has some controls for 'restart')

3. I think you're talking about using offsets from 'tool offset' or 'tool data'. This will depend on how the parameter is set. I think its gonna be (F94 bit7) to control this. Just try a G43 H?? with no value in the tool offset page and see if it picks it up. Most machines are set to use tool data for mazatrol, and tool offset for G-code....... but not always.

:cheers:

We are just using a floppy disk to put it in the directory.
    Yes finally got a hold of someone at Mazak and had to change several parameters.
    Then found out our post for our cam system has the offset right and left backwards and that it was not putting out any G43 h code.
    So we finally got it going.
    We are going to try to use the Mazatrol then just use subprograms with gcode when we need to use gcode.

We are going to try to use the Mazatrol then just use subprograms with gcode when we need to use gcode.
    You can also write g-code into the mazatrol program using "Manual Entry" so you won't need to have subs (unless its really long and you don't feel like that much typing).

The 1st thing I would do is go buy a network card and network it to you cam computer. Either that or go buy a compact flash pcmcia adapter for the front slot and load your programs from there. The best way is by far the network, then you put your program in a folder on the machines hard drive. Don't let any one convince you that mazaks won't run g code programs that well. I have had program files as large as 18 megabytes and run them on my mazak. If it were me I would be programming in cam while the machine is running parts instead of standing there programming in mazatrol not making parts.

I agree with Mortek on the communications. You can network the computer for a lot of reasons. I program all g-codes for mills. I can control it better than with mazatrol. Mazatrol can do alot of things but still has a few quircks in some cuts. Just my preference.

If it were me I would be programming in cam while the machine is running parts instead of standing there programming in mazatrol not making parts.
    BTW, you can program in mazatrol while you're running parts at the machine. Its one of the selling points for conversational.

:cheers:

We put a pcmcia card in a few years ago cant find it on our network but will get our It guy to work on it. Its funny we load a program from a floppy and it dosent take it and we turn off the machine and presto it is there.
    I agree it is quirkie some time and that is why we want to do some in Gcode.
    Thanks for all the help

I'm guessing that the program is getting loaded into Windows and not the Mazatrol side. So when you reboot, the machine sees it in the Windows directory and puts it into Mazatrol. When you try try to load the programs, are you creating a directory on the Floppy? I load programs by Floppy sometimes and to get it to load directly, I create a folder on the floppy, then put the program in that folder using a number (like 1234.eia). Then at the machine, you select floppy > dir select and you should see the folder show up in a pop up. Select the folder, then type in "1234" and push start. You should see the load working with the 'Arrow' in the center flashing. When its done, it should show the transfer on the left side of the I/O screen.

Re: fusion mazak mill

It has been my experience on a couple of different Mazak's that the EIA program has to be loaded through the "Data I/O" function or the control will not see it for some reason. Anyone have a different take, I would love to be able to use Windows explorer to load several programs at once!