585,763 active members*
4,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport EZ Path

We moved this lathe and can not get the computer started. We turn on and ge the message waiting for DOS. We have a later Bridgeport. Info in the later Manual says to hold Control, Alt, Delete. Any one know if this is the way to start DOS in the EZ Path.

Thanks,
    EC

What I would do is reload the machine using the original floppy disc that came with the machine. With the machine off put the disc in the floppy drive. Turn the machine on and follow the on screen instructions to reload the software. If that doesn't work then something bigger may be wrong.

Bridgeport EZ Path

Bret
    Thanks for the reply. We used the backup disk but keep getting the message waiting for DOS. I'll try the BPT guys Monday if I don't get anymore replies.

If you have checked all the plugs that plug into the pc parts in the back, then it could be the drive went bad. I seem to remember that the old ones may have come with a standard hard disc drive. The newer ones came with a flash memory drive because the hold up better. Any way you look at it your drive may be bad or the cable is just loose. If not the bridgeport guy may need to fix it.

Control Alt Delete is the software equivalent of pressing the reset button or turning the machine off then on. It just reboots the machine and does not normally get to a DOS prompt on the EZ-Path.

I have a PowerPath and an Ez-Path II. When the machine is started the first screen should stay there for a couple of seconds allowing for the Delete key to be pressed to enter the BIOS. After that a screen should come up and on that screen it should say starting MsDos somewhere. It should then say “opening BMDC.bin” These go by quickly so may take restarting a couple of times to see them. If you see these messages then the autoexec.bat program is executing on C:\. On my Ez-Path II the autoexec.bat program then switches directories to the C:\EzPath directory and executes the EZ.bat batch program etc.
    If you see the above messages if should mean the hard drive is physically OK so that could be eliminated. As bret4 said, it would have been nice if the backup disk would have reinstalled the software; and hopefully preserved the existing parameters.

I moved my miller and had a similar problem booting from the floppy... turns out the boot disk was partialy ejected- the enclosure door was pressing against the eject button just enough to partialy eject the disk when the door was closed, when you opened the door it re-seated itself. Took me a whole day to find this out!

Just a thought
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

no boot disk

We have a '95 Bridgeport ez path lathe that acts like the hard drive is not working. The screen message ask to insert the boot disk, which was not received when we purchased the machine. Is there anywhere to get a boot disk for this machine? Any good repair mechanics for these machines?

thanks,
    David

DLBEE,
    Try DB - 2 from Warren, Mi.
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

Call Quantum Machine, certified B'port Service, 303-503-9677, they are great to deal with