584,862 active members*
5,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

learning mazatrol mills and lathe software

hi everyone my name is luke and im going to start a new job training on a few mazak lathes and mills, i was wondering if there was any good info that could help me learn them. also was wondering if there was any free demo software to download to help me learn the software so that i could learn it faster, the faster i learn my new work place the more i will make!, thats always a good thing right? haha, i have been machining for about 6 years with manual and g-codes, but havnt had much time with mazatrol and want to get a head start on anything that i can. trick, tips, hint , anything would help! if i have anymore ?'s ill comment back on this post thanks again everyone !

I have a Mazak VQC 20/40B with Mazatrol m-2 system.Please tell whot you need to know.Do you know how to start it up,or sett axes on zero...
    Sve0019

Mazak Training!

Hello,

Frst thing is are you programming in E.I.A. or Mazatrol? Figure that out and ask them to use their book. More than likely you already know E.I.A. form Fanuc controls but if the current crew is using Mazatrol I would not recommend making waves.
    I do not think there are any videos out there for Mazatrol but it dose have it's advantages.

Good luck!

My best advice is dont ovethink whats happening. Mazatrol is verygood if you realize how much power the controls have. If your using machines with m/t 32's and newer most people never even realize how much power is availible to them on the CAM end. Let the control run the machine, just concentrate on getting your profiles right.

sve 0019.
    For some reason people are answer me insted of answser Icooper 1985.
    My reply was to Icooper1985.And my answer and question was.
    ( I have a Mazak VQC 20/40B year 1986 with Mazatro cam m-2 controller.Please tell whot you need to know.Do you know how to start it up,or sett axes on zero...I belive I can help you with start it up,next setting axes to X0,Y0,Z0,that people in common say is machine zero.After that four diods on left on control panel shoud light green.
    Then machine is on zero you need to set tools,starting with programming at first with matriel zero and atc.Next will bee the fixture dvs x y z for your piece of matriel,Next the feuture you want to use let say pocket function and so on.
    With Regards Sve0019

Tooling U has a great mazatrol course. I used it while learning it a year ago. Apparently, they just came out with some more mazak training. I found it extremely useful. You'll have to spend a few bucks to register but I thought it was well worth it

Check out this link...

Lots of resources here.

Victoria Elizabeth Caruk - Baby Rocking Robot

Your welcome.

Mazak training

Look at mastertask web site. More detail in Mazak courses. Also cover Matrix and Integrex models.